2026 Chevy El Camino

Apparently, Chevy is going to put out another EL Camino in 2026 and buyers will have a v6 option as well as a v8 option.

Here's the pic I saw showing the body style...

el_camino2.jpg

They came out with the new Chevrolet Chevelle a few years back.

View attachment 217063

View attachment 217064
That's not from GM, that's from a company called "Trans Am Worldwide". It's like me slapping a different front clip on a Mustang and calling it a Mercury Capri then claiming we brought it back.

They came out with the new Chevrolet Chevelle a few years back.

View attachment 217063

View attachment 217064
May be wrong but I thought those were private creations. Cars that were specially hand built for a couple "Mr Deep Pockets" car guys and not available to just anyone. I saw a build sheet with the cost for one of them and it is in the unobtanium price range for any normal person that must work for a living. I would not expect to see more than 2 or 3 of them ever to see the light of day. I can see the owners putting 5-10 miles on them and then straight locked up into climate control storage facilities for years to come.

y'all are correct... those "chevelle"s are basically a Hopped up Camaro w/ a body kit ( a little more involved, but basically...)
the Company, Trans Am worldwide(Formerly "Trans Am Depot"), Started with similarly turning camaros into "Trans Ams". not firebirds...

they even briefly (6 episodes) had a "reality" show on discovery called "Trans Am"

from : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Firebird#Post–Pontiac_Trans_Am

Post–Pontiac Trans Am​

In 2012, General Motors signed a licensing deal with Trans Am Depot to use the Trans Am name and Pontiac logos in custom coach built versions of new Trans Am. Under this agreement, Trans Am Depot takes brand-new model Chevrolet Camaros, strips them down to their basic components and rebuilds what looks like a new Trans Am. They make these in the designs of the 6T9 version Trans Am, 6T9 Goat ("GTO"), 7T7 Trans Am and the limited-edition Hurst Trans Am.

On March 26, 2017, at the New York International Auto Show, the Bandit Edition Trans Am was introduced. Built by Trans Am Depot, only 77 will be produced, each signed by Burt Reynolds. Powertrain is a 455 cu in (7.5 L) direct injection version of the current Generation V LT1 V8 engine equipped with a 2.3 litres (140.4 cu in) Magnuson supercharger with a boost of 14 psi (0.97 bar), developing 1,000 hp (746 kW) and 1,046 lb⋅ft (1,418 N⋅m) of torque.

Last edited:
May be wrong but I thought those were private creations. Cars that were specially hand built for a couple "Mr Deep Pockets" car guys and not available to just anyone. I saw a build sheet with the cost for one of them and it is in the unobtanium price range for any normal person that must work for a living. I would not expect to see more than 2 or 3 of them ever to see the light of day. I can see the owners putting 5-10 miles on them and then straight locked up into climate control storage facilities for years to come.
most of the stuff on their site just says "contact for pricing" the few they do show a price, are used. have already been resold, and are all north of $130k.

in the article linked up above, "The 2024 Chevelle SS starts at $150,000 already, including a 6.2-liter 450 hp V8, but it can also be ordered with a 900-horsepower and 1,500-horsepower supercharged engine that breathes through the induction system."
and that's not even the proper name... it's called the "70/SS" guessing Chevy didn't want to part ways with or license the Chevelle name

Last edited:
GM innovation dept has always been lacking. They have never really had much to compete with Ford and Dodge as far as "special" vehicles"

Bringing back the Chevelle, or the TransAm, would likely be a punch in the nuts as what they would bring would pale in comparison to what could have been in the early 2000's.

Like this silly abomination
1714564375641.jpg
as opposed to this legend.
1714564446536.jpeg

Always? Never?

Corvette

I had an S-10 Blazer. Last new American car I bought, sadly. Hunkajunk.
The Corvette has no match, it is the American sports car, a legend, a giant killer.

What I mean is, Ford SVT for example. When Ford did an SVT F-150, they did it up right. Supercharged, nice body kit, nice wheels, and so on.
1714565543680.jpeg

When GM did an SS, like the 454 SS, they put some stickers on it and called it done. Could have been so much more.
1714565505338.jpeg

With acceptation to Pontiac and the Firebird.

Was this your source or did you see it elsewhere?

Apparently, Chevy is going to put out another EL Camino in 2026 and buyers will have a v6 option as well as a v8 option.

Here's the pic I saw showing the body style...

View attachment 217052
I actually like the way this looks! But it's not accurate, still only a fantasy, depending on some GM maybe planning a comeback... though .. that talk has been going on for decades.

One thing for sure, they make vehicles that appeal to Americans, if not they would not have a track record of 90 years as the top selling brand in the USA

I actually like the way this looks! But it's not accurate, still only a fantasy, depending on some GM maybe planning a comeback... though .. that talk has been going on for decades.

One thing for sure, they make vehicles that appeal to Americans, if not they would not have a track record of 90 years as the top selling brand in the USA
True and it is not just General Motors who people are playing fantasy with. Every now and then there are very similar pictures of Dodge Ram trucks or Ford Mustangs people make up photos of and try to start a buzz pulling people's legs saying these are the latest new designs coming. LoL

Back