2024 Silverado EV W/T - 450 miles EPA range

I just don't hear of any M3P/MYP owners charging as quick as I do in my EV6 GT, so I'm going by that. Besides, higher voltage systems are electrically better, thermally speaking, etc. Physics and all that.
It's probably true. I just used the Cybertruck as the only 800V system Tesla makes and it can't even charge at its full potential on a Tesla branded charger.

It's probably true. I just used the Cybertruck as the only 800V system Tesla makes and it can't even charge at its full potential on a Tesla branded charger.
Yeah, CCS is awesome. I dont get why people want to use Tesla chargers except in emergencies. On a CCS, my typical charge times are 15-25min(if I go 10-90).

Yeah, CCS is awesome. I dont get why people want to use Tesla chargers except in emergencies. On a CCS, my typical charge times are 15-25min(if I go 10-90).
That's how I saw it. It would be different if NACS was 800V and the cars were optimized for it. I'm sure it's coming, but it's not here yet. They just brought another 350kW charger online in a spot that would really benefit me. My options for EVs have opened a bit with that and it's only going to get better. I just don't know what I want yet.

I should add I'm no longer concerned about having specifically another Tesla since the adapters are there to use and allowed now. The move to NACS though has been a huge benefit across the board for all car companies, but if anything it's going to help Tesla sell me someone else's car. 😂

Last edited:
That's how I saw it. It would be different if NACS was 800V and the cars were optimized for it. I'm sure it's coming, but it's not here yet. They just brought another 350kW charger online in a spot that would really benefit me. My options for EVs have opened a bit with that and it's only going to get better. I just don't know what I want yet.

I should add I'm no longer concerned about having specifically another Tesla since the adapters are there to use and allowed now. The move to NACS though has been a huge benefit across the board for all car companies, but if anything it's going to help Tesla sell me someone else's car. 😂
I just can't get over how shoddy Teslas are, even if their software is awesome, that's literally all. It's like buying a house that's got a rotten foundation and un-even walls for the sake of the bathtub.

I just can't get over how shoddy Teslas are, even if their software is awesome, that's literally all. It's like buying a house that's got a rotten foundation and un-even walls for the sake of the bathtub.
I don’t find them shoddy. I just don’t want two of the same car.

Absolutely, by just about anyone making an EV.
I checked out a few model X, and some others, as well as spoke with friends who just ordered, last year when I wad buying. All of it was a horror show:

Doors on the same car closed with varying force. Had to be adjusted multiple times. Latches and small parts on the same model revised and so forth randomly. Honestly reminded me of a 90s Ford mixing metric, lol! The trim gasket and panel alignment was abysmal on the X. I bet it had wind noise like a mother. All in all, the MSP is the only Tesla Id own, and thats because even if it is a low grade kit car...its fast as hell and has a legit powertrain warranty.

I checked out a few model X, and some others, as well as spoke with friends who just ordered, last year when I wad buying. All of it was a horror show:

Doors on the same car closed with varying force. Had to be adjusted multiple times. Latches and small parts on the same model revised and so forth randomly. Honestly reminded me of a 90s Ford mixing metric, lol! The trim gasket and panel alignment was abysmal on the X. I bet it had wind noise like a mother. All in all, the MSP is the only Tesla Id own, and thats because even if it is a low grade kit car...its fast as hell and has a legit powertrain warranty.
I hear ya. Just walking by them in parking lots I can tell the fit and finish, paint work, and quality is lacking. But hey obviously some people don't care.

Beg to differ.

Until the multi car comparison road trips, or times for measured known route trips like Bjorn takes show a significant and consistent arrival delta, I wont bother going out of my way for one if I get in the market at all.

I am used to way better than Tesla offers in the fit/finish and homogenization departments.
A Tesla is a Tesla. I don't know what you want me to say here. The car hasn't let me down. I still prefer German cars and they don't make an EV I like that isn't ridiculous money. No cost restrictions is a Taycan or Lucid. I can't make that make sense.

I'm more likely to buy a Lightning or just buy something else ICE at this point. I'm open to other ideas but I just don't care for Kia and Hyundai. I just can't get on with them. They're all just crossovers anyway. I'm sure it's great, it's just not what I want. I probably won't buy another car for 5 years and a lot can change in that time.

I'm still thinking Audi RS3. I can't make that make sense either though right now.

A Tesla is a Tesla. I don't know what you want me to say here. The car hasn't let me down. I still prefer German cars and they don't make an EV I like that isn't ridiculous money. No cost restrictions is a Taycan or Lucid. I can't make that make sense.

I'm more likely to buy a Lightning or just buy something else ICE at this point. I'm open to other ideas but I just don't care for Kia and Hyundai. I just can't get on with them. They're all just crossovers anyway. I'm sure it's great, it's just not what I want. I probably won't buy another car for 5 years and a lot can change in that time.

I'm still thinking Audi RS3. I can't make that make sense either though right now.
So you want a pure sports car. IMO, the Taycan is the only option, shoddy engineering or not. The rs3 is a nice car with tons kf potential, but they are a fish out of water at lower speeds without launching from a dig or brake boosting to the moon. Id get an R8 instead. Even if you need to snag used.

So you want a pure sports car. IMO, the Taycan is the only option, shoddy engineering or not. The rs3 is a nice car with tons kf potential, but they are a fish out of water at lower speeds without launching from a dig or brake boosting to the moon. Id get an R8 instead. Even if you need to snag used.
I just want an actual car with performance potential. I don't want a supercar. I want 4 doors and a place to put stuff in the back. Taycan seems great at a serious price I'm not interested in touching. I just don't like the form factor of a crossover. I find the Golf perfect in size and usability. I get why long range sport compacts don't exist. There's not really enough room for a battery for the range that can be had from something like a Model 3 or EV6. I'd settle for a wagon, I just don't want a tall one. The downside to the RS3 is that it's not a hatch. I don't need to brake boost and launch everywhere I go. I don't abuse stuff like that on a regular basis. There's a lot more to it than straight line speed, but that's obviously a huge bonus. The sound of that engine is something else altogether. AWD is preferable along with being a hatch, Golf R would be a front runner. If the RS3 engine could be had new from VW in the Golf R there would be no question and I would be driving one now. I think it's as huge loss that we no longer get a hatch of any version of the A3/S3/RS3 in the US. I'm probably already driving my best case scenario for the time being short of not being AWD.

It seems I just want something no one else wants. A small car with a normal squared hatchback for space. That leaves me with ICE no matter what I do right now and most are sport backs instead which eats up space. That's why I haven't done anything else yet. I would prefer to go all EV so for now I'm waiting to see what comes next. The other option is I just make peace with this market not being for me anymore, buy the Lightning at their wildly discounted prices and have a familiar experience with a tonneau'd truck bed like I used to. That's a bit overkill for me.

I just want an actual car with performance potential. I don't want a supercar. I want 4 doors and a place to put stuff in the back. Taycan seems great at a serious price I'm not interested in touching. I just don't like the form factor of a crossover. I find the Golf perfect in size and usability. I get why long range sport compacts don't exist. There's not really enough room for a battery for the range that can be had from something like a Model 3 or EV6. I'd settle for a wagon, I just don't want a tall one. The downside to the RS3 is that it's not a hatch. I don't need to brake boost and launch everywhere I go. I don't abuse stuff like that on a regular basis. There's a lot more to it than straight line speed, but that's obviously a huge bonus. The sound of that engine is something else altogether. AWD is preferable along with being a hatch, Golf R would be a front runner. If the RS3 engine could be had new from VW in the Golf R there would be no question and I would be driving one now. I think it's as huge loss that we no longer get a hatch of any version of the A3/S3/RS3 in the US. I'm probably already driving my best case scenario for the time being short of not being AWD.

It seems I just want something no one else wants. A small car with a normal squared hatchback for space. That leaves me with ICE no matter what I do right now and most are sport backs instead which eats up space. That's why I haven't done anything else yet. I would prefer to go all EV so for now I'm waiting to see what comes next. The other option is I just make peace with this market not being for me anymore, buy the Lightning at their wildly discounted prices and have a familiar experience with a tonneau'd truck bed like I used to. That's a bit overkill for me.

Ev6 IS a wagon. The Taycan and ev6 have the same wheelbase, its just ev6 is wagon, so its 6" taller, part of which is ground clearance. Taycan is a bit wider, too.

It sounds like you want a compact car in hatch form, not a wagon.

Ev6 IS a wagon. The Taycan and ev6 have the same wheelbase, its just ev6 is wagon, so its 6" taller, part of which is ground clearance. Taycan is a bit wider, too.

It sounds like you want a compact car in hatch form, not a wagon.
I do want a hatch. I would make an exception for a wagon if I was in a pinch to buy now. To be fair though even Kia calls it a crossover on their website.

I guess I should clarify that. My only gripe with crossovers is that they just lose any bit of that low slung appearance of a wagon. The Audi RS6 has that look I love. They Taycan has the right proportions I like. The physical design of trucks other than being bigger than I want looks normal. Crossovers have always looked awkward to me. Completely subjective, I just don't like how they look from any angle.

Last edited:
I do want a hatch. I would make an exception for a wagon if I was in a pinch to buy now. To be fair though even Kia calls it a crossover on their website.

I guess I should clarify that. My only gripe with crossovers is that they just lose any bit of that low slung appearance of a wagon. The Audi RS6 has that look I love. They Taycan has the right proportions I like. The physical design of trucks other than being bigger than I want looks normal. Crossovers have always looked awkward to me. Completely subjective, I just don't like how they look from any angle.
I am so confused...you want a car proportioned like a Golf...or an RS3?

Kia can call it what they want, its a wagon per the EPA and every other functional matrix. The best conventional comparison I have is that visually in person it hits like a late gen Acura RDX with an agressive drop kit.

If you've seen it in person and don't like it, I get that, but pictures and all don't really compute so well. Gotta see it. Like the Taycan, I saw one in person and did not like it. It looked like a Viper that got pulled on really hard from both ends. In photos its sexy as hell. R8s look good in person and pix

Early Trail Boss model out testing.

IMG_7993.jpeg

IMG_7994.jpeg

IMG_7995.jpeg

Last edited:
I am so confused...you want a car proportioned like a Golf...or an RS3?

Kia can call it what they want, its a wagon per the EPA and every other functional matrix. The best conventional comparison I have is that visually in person it hits like a late gen Acura RDX with an agressive drop kit.

If you've seen it in person and don't like it, I get that, but pictures and all don't really compute so well. Gotta see it. Like the Taycan, I saw one in person and did not like it. It looked like a Viper that got pulled on really hard from both ends. In photos its sexy as hell. R8s look good in person and pix
The RS3 is on the same chassis as the Golf, it just no longer has the hatch in the US. The parts are interchangeable enough to swap the drivetrain and front and rear cradles directly into a Golf actually. A number of them have been done and the tuning company that builds them refer to them as Golf RSRs. Most of the interior even fits. It's a small car. I believe the RS3 is a hint longer due to the trunk design, but the front fenders and doors line up nearly identically. I'm more infatuated with the engine and interior of the RS3 than I am actually living with one. I could probably make do, but losing the hatch gave up a good chunk of practicality and it's the first complaint most enthusiasts have about the car. That may also be because the enthusiasts I'm talking to are driving Golf Rs and GTIs. I work with a lot of VW enthusiasts. On certain days the lot looks like a VW meet.

I really do like the look EV6. It's rather striking in person. I don't love the proportions and I'm not a fan of the interior. That's not compared to the Tesla. That's compared to the German cars that interest me. The Tesla wouldn't win that battle either. I also like the look of Hyundai Ioniq 5. It looks like an 80's hatchback until it dwarfs my hatch sitting next to it. I get why these vehicles are made more in the area of a crossover. More room for batteries and that's the most popular segment at this time. It just takes away all the charm I thought it had in a picture.

You're not wrong about the Taycan. I find it only ok in person after the expectation of the pictures. I feel it's what the Panamera should have looked like, but it photographs better than my eyes perceive it as well. If I could make peace with the price I'd seriously get it in that pinkish Frozen Berry Metallic and do gold/bronze wheels on it like Matt Farah did with his Boxster though.

dsc09010-edit-2-1672162612.jpg

Seriously though on the RS3, why can't I just have this in the US?
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ws6
I don't hate how it looks, but I don't love it. I'm sure the more blocky truckiness of a normal truck isn't slippery enough for efficiency. It's probably why I kind of like the F150 Lightning. I just don't like the light bars they did on the Lightning. It mostly is just an F150 though. The range isn't great for the Lightning, but this truck is testing very well. I'll be curious to see what it gives up in range with taller suspension and tires on the Trail Boss.

The RS3 is on the same chassis as the Golf, it just no longer has the hatch in the US. The parts are interchangeable enough to swap the drivetrain and front and rear cradles directly into a Golf actually. A number of them have been done and the tuning company that builds them refer to them as Golf RSRs. Most of the interior even fits. It's a small car. I believe the RS3 is a hint longer due to the trunk design, but the front fenders and doors line up nearly identically. I'm more infatuated with the engine and interior of the RS3 than I am actually living with one. I could probably make do, but losing the hatch gave up a good chunk of practicality and it's the first complaint most enthusiasts have about the car. That may also be because the enthusiasts I'm talking to are driving Golf Rs and GTIs. I work with a lot of VW enthusiasts. On certain days the lot looks like a VW meet.

I really do like the look EV6. It's rather striking in person. I don't love the proportions and I'm not a fan of the interior. That's not compared to the Tesla. That's compared to the German cars that interest me. The Tesla wouldn't win that battle either. I also like the look of Hyundai Ioniq 5. It looks like an 80's hatchback until it dwarfs my hatch sitting next to it. I get why these vehicles are made more in the area of a crossover. More room for batteries and that's the most popular segment at this time. It just takes away all the charm I thought it had in a picture.

You're not wrong about the Taycan. I find it only ok in person after the expectation of the pictures. I feel it's what the Panamera should have looked like, but it photographs better than my eyes perceive it as well. If I could make peace with the price I'd seriously get it in that pinkish Frozen Berry Metallic and do gold/bronze wheels on it like Matt Farah did with his Boxster though.

dsc09010-edit-2-1672162612.jpg

Seriously though on the RS3, why can't I just have this in the US?
maxresdefault.jpg
Im just not big on Audi. I much prefer BMW in that space. The S58 is just on another level and the ZF8 is where its at if you want big power through a stock trans to work out okay.

As far as looks, I am neither here nor there on the ev6. I bought it for the engineering. Single speed reduction unit with 21k rpm motors, oil cooled, 800v architecture, fully defeatable TC along with amazing traction algorithms if you let it alone. Nothing under $100K compared except the HI5N and now the MSP, that they recently resuced price on, but still there's build quality issues.

BMW I4M50i is a strong contender if you're willing to compromise on technology in favor of interior, though.

Back