2023 Titan XD power steering fluid

New guy here. I’ve searched the site and can’t seem to find a definitive answer to my question. My Titan owners manual specifies Nissan PSF ii for psf. I found in an old Nissan manual where it references *7 and then refers to Canada use. Currently I use Dextron iii in my Toyotas Power steering. Is dextron iii ok for my truck or is PSF ii a newer dextron and if so which one? Thanks
AD95B3C1-CFE0-4357-AEAE-0F5B9AB0232D.jpeg

I would use synthetic ATF. Easy store found choices are: Valvoline Maxlife/Import, Mobil1, Pennzoil, Castrol, RoyalPurple...

I siphon and refill my PSF reservoir at every oil change. I don't wait for degradation or failure to start maintenance. So, consider it once or twice a year. No flushing shenanigans are ever needed with a little proactive siphon/refill.

The above are available at walmarts and most local autpart stores like napa carquest advanceauto oreillyauto autozone pepboys..... Napa around here also has a bunch of full synth euro-brands that meet the Dexron/Mercon requirements/equivalents.

Others to consider are Amsoil ATF, Redline D4, RoyalPurple maxatf, Torco hivis, Schaeffer's, HPL, Lubegard....

Like Toyota, I haven't found the Nissan PSF system picky. It'll work with pretty much any ATF or PSF. So, I'll add in the import/asian.... full synthetic PSF"s that some brands sells. Prestone Gunk Bardahl were a few besides the fancy brands...

Yeah, leave it alone. Never vacuum it, never wash it, never wax it, never detail/tint/303 it, never change the oil, never use any options that its equipped with... don't touch those knobs or buttons.. Don't bother with aftermarket DSP's, amplifiers, or speakers too. And, never consider leveling kits, lift kits, aftermarket towing accessories, light bulbs inside or out, rims/tires... Consider all mods and upgrades as voodoo and avoid. Don't even bother driving it. Just leave it on the lawn like an ornament. 🤣

PM starts the minute it pulls into the driveway. Plans should be in place at the beginning for the expected life and usage of the vehicle that matches the owners lifestyle and his/her/its expectations. All my vehicles, new or used, have a plan from the beginning.

Enjoy the Titan. I am surprised that the Titan and Nissan haters haven't shown up yet. Great vehicle and engine, tolerable transmission, and pretty good when worked too.

Yeah, leave it alone. Never vacuum it, never wash it, never wax it, never detail/tint/303 it, never change the oil, never use any options that its equipped with... don't touch those knobs or buttons.. Don't bother with aftermarket DSP's, amplifiers, or speakers too. And, never consider leveling kits, lift kits, aftermarket towing accessories, light bulbs inside or out, rims/tires... Consider all mods and upgrades as voodoo and avoid. Don't even bother driving it. Just leave it on the lawn like an ornament. 🤣
Right, because that's the point I was making. :rolleyes:

Hard to believe any 2023 doesn't have electric steering by now.
Same. It's more efficient but not more reliable. But i wouldn't mind hydraulic power steering, I prefer the softer feel of it. And it's yet to fail me after 334k since new.

It frankly doesn't matter, It's just a hydraulic pump and hydraulic lines. I've used everything in mine and it's still the factory one after 18 years. plain hydraulic fluid, universal psf, and any kind of auto trans fluid. Never had an issue and the sound and feel didn't change either. Still quiet.

Ah my dream truck! Congrats they are awesome rides and very durable. On the comment about being surprised that it's not electric, remember this is essentially a heavy duty truck they can keep the electric steering somewhere else 😁

Thanks everyone I appreciate the help. It’s an under appreciated truck for sure. On my old tundra I used dex iii as well.

Back