2023 Lexus RX revealed

Much easier to push a steering wheel button and say, "Set the temp to 70". Or "I'm cold." Or "My butt is hot." Or "Play KGO radio."

Here's a few:
"Open browser/phone/camera/lock settings..."
"Search Google for the weather..."
"Go to tesla.com..."

"Activate sentry mode"
"Increase screen brightness"
"Turn on windshield wipers/increase wiper speed"
"Fold/unfold side mirrors"
"Open charge port" or "Open butthole."
"Lock doors"

"Set the temperature/fan..."
"Turn on the air conditioning/dog mode/camp mode..."
"Make it warmer"
"Set the driver’s seat warmer to..."
"Decrease fan speed..."
"I’m cold"
"Turn on recirculate"

"Go home/to work/to the airport..."
"Navigate to 45500 Fremont Blvd..."
"Take me to the school/the park..."
"Zoom in"
"Turn on satellite mode/traffic..."
"Display Superchargers/Destination Chargers..."
"Stop navigation"
"Mute voice guidance"

"Call home/Franz/Syd…"
"Text message David"
That doesn’t work when I have Thunderstruck by AC/DC at max and there is no effin way I am interrupting it.

My point is, tech is what sets Tesla apart from other cars, regardless of drivetrain. Our 2 Lexi are great cars, don't get me wrong. Having said that, after driving the Tesla, I find the Lexus buttons perhaps confusing and have to somewhat search for what I want.
Voice commands are easier, faster and safer than buttons.

Certainly the tech is not for everyone; each to their own.
Everyone else knows how to make that and BMW tech is far more advanced then Tesla.
They CHOOSE NOT TO DO IT!

That doesn’t work when I have Thunderstruck by AC/DC at max and there is no effin way I am interrupting it.
If you give a command during a song, it pauses the song. Easy to do as everything is streamed.
If you park your car overnight, the song will also pick up where you left off.

If you give a command during a song, it pauses the song. Easy to do as everything is streamed.
If you park your car overnight, the song will also pick up where you left off.
But, I don’t want to give command during song. Voice command is nothing new. Both of my cars have it, my Toyota minivan had it, together with very simple wheel or button to set temperature that takes less time then to give command.

This video gives a better perspective and closer looks at the new RX.

Yes it’s in Japanese.

That looks better than the Lexus website. Plus I was Japanese in a prior life...
I would just expect it to be more high tech. Kinda like an old flip phone as compared to a new iPhone or Google Pixel Pro.
But many customers like buttons I guess.

The styling is not my cup of tea. I’ve seen very few Lexus / Toyota products over my lifetime that draw any sort of positive emotion.

That looks better than the Lexus website. Plus I was Japanese in a prior life...
I would just expect it to be more high tech. Kinda like an old flip phone as compared to a new iPhone or Google Pixel Pro.
But many customers like buttons I guess.

The buttons and dials are familiar. You get instant view of the cabin temperature setting. Quick access to other features that are often used.

It has electronic door handles as well but in a more familiar format.

interesting comparison on the horizon?

The Lexus front ends just get worse and worse...ugh
Yeah pretty much in the same ***** realm of Mazda, BMW and many others...

Whoa, past tense. I thought the Sienna was your forever car? Lol

Congrats!
Well, considering prices if used cars, decided to get rid of it. Wife has new job so we cannot road trip this summer. Basically, we would only use van for some local biking.
Also, needed excuse to get rid of that POS. Told wife in the morning about idea, she said: yeah that sounds ok. 3hrs later it was gone :).
I don’t think she still understands what happened:)

Well when you finally decide which direction you want to go in this conversation let me know. You are back and forth like a jumping bean.

In the meantime. …..
Perhaps you misunderstood? In #50 you posted "The buttons and dials are familiar."
That's good if you like old school, but a disappointment if you are a prefer tech. That's what I was trying to say.
I can tell you younger people are drawn to the Tesla tech and naturally take to it. Others not so much so...
Tech can be frustrating, for sure. There is a learning curve! But once you get it, it is hard to go back.

Each to his or her own, of course. All good.

Last edited:
Transverse engine and luxury don’t go into same sentence.
Lexus RX was always blended whiskey among single malts.
Some people like a Johnnie Walker Blue.

But maintaining consistency of the tasting notes is much harder with a blended whiskey than a single malt. because when you buy from one batch of a single malt, and you ended liking that, and when you buy another bottle, that may have come from a different batch, the nuanced taste may be different enough that you end up searching for something else. A blended whiskey has to be consistent batch to batch.

Some people like a Johnnie Walker Blue.

But maintaining consistency of the tasting notes is much harder with a blended whiskey than a single malt. because when you buy from one batch of a single malt, and you ended liking that, and when you buy another bottle, that may have come from a different batch, the nuanced taste may be different enough that you end up searching for something else. A blended whiskey has to be consistent batch to batch.
Lol.
I guess that is why blended whiskey was always keystone of good taste.

Not a fan of the style. I think the 2023 Seqioua is the toyota suv to buy. Perhaps in a few more years when any issues are ironed out and availability is good i will look at one.

Back