2023 Ford Taurus - Another cool car we don't get anymore :(

Not complaining, it was a joke-note the obvious presence of the " :ROFLMAO: "! People are welcome to  waste, er, spend their money any way they like! Unfortunately, for cars, it's going to be spent on imports!
VW, BMW, and MB still make lots of sedans. It’s the American companies that are ceasing production of sedans or so they say.

VW, BMW, and MB still make lots of sedans. It’s the American companies that are ceasing production of sedans or so they say.
I think we haven't seen the end of the sedan discontinuances, and the Avalon axxing is just more of the same. Let's look at the "smaller" Japanese manufacturers..... Does Nissan really need four sedans in North America? Look for either the Altima or the Maxima to get dropped; probably the latter if sales have anything to do with it. Does Mazda really need both a 3 and a 6? Subaru makes an Impreza and a Legacy that are nearly invisible amongst the sea of Crosstreks they sell every year. I predicted in another thread VW would drop a model, probably the Passat. I don't think I'm far off the mark.

Americans love their SUVs while the sedans starve.

I think we haven't seen the end of the sedan discontinuances, and the Avalon axxing is just more of the same. Let's look at the "smaller" Japanese manufacturers..... Does Nissan really need four sedans in North America? Look for either the Altima or the Maxima to get dropped; probably the latter if sales have anything to do with it. Does Mazda really need both a 3 and a 6? Subaru makes an Impreza and a Legacy that are nearly invisible amongst the sea of Crosstreks they sell every year. I predicted in another thread VW would drop a model, probably the Passat. I don't think I'm far off the mark.

The Maxima will be dropped. The Altima averages 10,000 units a month verses less than 2,000 for the Maxima. Neither sedans are selling great obviously. The Rogue is the bright spot in Nissan's line up.

The Mazda 6 has already been discontinued in the US. 2021 was the final year. Shame, because it was a really nice, quiet car.

I wish we could have had the Australian Falcon. But then again GM sold the Commodore here as the "SS" and outside of stock car racing, never advertised it.

Americans don't want sedans.
They want Camry/Corolla and Accord/Civic which pretty much equates to about 100k sedans per month. Unfortunately domestic brands don't have a reputation or household name for I need a sedan. They screwed the pooch long ago on that one.

I do see a lot of Passat and A6s..
VW is pretty much down to the Jetta/GLI and GTI (regular Golf is dead). Passat is dead in N.A. after 2022 model year and I don't think anyone at all buys an Arteon (1,099 units moved in Q1 2022 - lets say 4,400 units annually) so it will probably be axed shortly. In Q1 2022 CUV's account for ~76% of VWoA sales and they have their highest owner conquest rate ever with their CUV lineup vs losing customers when they were a mainly car company with Touareg as their SUV. At best I see the Jetta sticking around as an entry car to get buyers in the brand but we shall see how the Taos does - it will be a sad day if Jetta is ever axed.

Count me as one that does not want a CUV - I'm good with sedans and hatches.

VW is pretty much down to the Jetta/GLI and GTI (regular Golf is dead). Passat is dead in N.A. after 2022 model year and I don't think anyone at all buys an Arteon (1,099 units moved in Q1 2022 - lets say 4,400 units annually) so it will probably be axed shortly. In Q1 2022 CUV's account for ~76% of VWoA sales and they have their highest owner conquest rate ever with their CUV lineup vs losing customers when they were a mainly car company with Touareg as their SUV. At best I see the Jetta sticking around as an entry car to get buyers in the brand but we shall see how the Taos does - it will be a sad day if Jetta is ever axed.

Count me as one that does not want a CUV - I'm good with sedans and hatches.

There sure *was* a lot of overlap in Vw lineup with Jetta and Golf, which at least in Mark 4 days were based on the same platform, maybe for much longer. Jetta wagon always interested me....

Hard to believe, the cars my knowledge really dates to are now 15-20 years old on average.

Choices are really slimming down.

SUVs seem like station wagons with higher step-in height.. have been some times a wagon pulls up to a curb and you'd rather be stepping into an SUV higher off the ground. That, I believe, is why SUVs - most of which will only "offroad" when driving over a low curb.. - are sold.

The Taurus sold in the Middle East since 2020 has been built in China. Although I am not a fan of that, the car itself is very refined and great to drive. The build quality is almost perfect, and those doors actually shut like vaults. It's a great competitor to the likes of the U.S. built Altima/Maxima and the Japanese built Camry and Accord IMHO.

The Maxima will be dropped. The Altima averages 10,000 units a month verses less than 2,000 for the Maxima. Neither sedans are selling great obviously. The Rogue is the bright spot in Nissan's line up.

Enterprise, Hertz and Uber are mostly the reasons why the Altima is still around. However, last time I rented a car, I got a Equinox. And the rental companies have enough clout with the automakers to build them special models.

Large sedans are like Sasquatch around here. I'm not surprised they aren't selling it in the US.

What does surprise me: that this isn't available here: https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/feu/en/products/suv/puma/puma.html

These are all over Spain and Portugal, and it looks tailor-made for the US market. It's not my sorta vehicle, but US consumers seem to love stuff like this, so it's surprising that's not sold here. Would be a good competitor to the CH-R, HRV, Kona, etc.

Large sedans are like Sasquatch around here. I'm not surprised they aren't selling it in the US.

What does surprise me: that this isn't available here: https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/feu/en/products/suv/puma/puma.html

These are all over Spain and Portugal, and it looks tailor-made for the US market. It's not my sorta vehicle, but US consumers seem to love stuff like this, so it's surprising that's not sold here. Would be a good competitor to the CH-R, HRV, Kona, etc.

Looks far better on the interior and exterior than the dumpster fire EcoSport we get now. I still don't know what Ford North America was thinking when they foisted that thing on our shores versus shopping their EU offerings.

Back