2022 Subaru Crosstrek Subaru 0w20 and Blue Subaru filter 6000 miles run

I got my second report, it looks like my engine is breaking in nicely. Lots of highway mile drives and not much city drive. I have Amsoil OE 0w20 in my car right now. My engine still doesn't have oil consumption and it looks lie I wont have to worry about that at all as long as I keep my oil changed every 6000 miles

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 5.13.55 PM.png

You drive a lot! I have a '21 Limited that I took delivery of in August '21 and I have a little over 6,000 miles on it. I dumped my oil at 950 and 4100. I'm doing 3K OCI's due to shorter trips and not driving a ton.

I also installed an anti-siphon valve on mine.

You drive a lot! I have a '21 Limited that I took delivery of in August '21 and I have a little over 6,000 miles on it. I dumped my oil at 950 and 4100. I'm doing 3K OCI's due to shorter trips and not driving a ton.

My previous car was a 2013 Ford Focus ST that had 268k miles before it got totaled in November of 2021

Not sure why you need an "anti-siphon" valve that's what the anit drainback valve on the filter is.

Not sure why you need an "anti-siphon" valve that's what the anit drainback valve on the filter is.

The filter drains out in about 30sec. First time I changed my oil I was shocked when I spun the original OEM filter off and I had no mess.

Here's someone, not me, removing one. There is a small amount of oil being held back by the ODV, but definitely not a full filters worth.

Not likely on the 2.5 that you would have oil consumption. The problem year was 2019 (first year of the GDI in the Forester), I believe. Following years don't appear to have oil consumption issues.

My main concern would be carbon deposits on the valves. I just bought a 2023 Limited and will be doing 3,500 mi OCIs and an upper induction cleaning every 10k miles. And I will be using the Subaru BLACK filters.

Not likely on the 2.5 that you would have oil consumption. The problem year was 2019 (first year of the GDI in the Forester), I believe. Following years don't appear to have oil consumption issues.

My main concern would be carbon deposits on the valves. I just bought a 2023 Limited and will be doing 3,500 mi OCIs and an upper induction cleaning every 10k miles. And I will be using the Subaru BLACK filters.
I'll be doing 3000-mile oil changes in the wintertime. Gonna get Pennzoil ultra ..cost like 22 dollars on Amazon

I got my second report, it looks like my engine is breaking in nicely. Lots of highway mile drives and not much city drive. I have Amsoil OE 0w20 in my car right now. My engine still doesn't have oil consumption and it looks lie I wont have to worry about that at all as long as I keep my oil changed every 6000 miles

“Still doesn’t have oil consumption”…?! 🤨🤔

It’s a brand new engine. Since when is oil consumption (or any other engine defect for that matter) a cause for concern ON A BRAND NEW CAR?!?!

I have two 8 year old vehicles (100k+ Miles on each) in my driveway. Both STILL don’t have oil consumption.

I wouldn’t dare utter those words when these cars had under 100,000 miles on the clock. 🤦🏻‍♂️

“Still doesn’t have oil consumption”…?! 🤨🤔

It’s a brand new engine. Since when is oil consumption (or any other engine defect for that matter) a cause for concern ON A BRAND NEW CAR?!?!

I have two 8 year old vehicles (100k+ Miles on each) in my driveway. Both STILL don’t have oil consumption.

I wouldn’t dare utter those words when these cars had under 100,000 miles on the clock. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Tell that to the Kia and Hyundai owners

Back