2022 Mustang GT 5.0L 470whp E85 tuned, M1 0W40 3k sample, 20k miles on car

Using a Ford Racing FL820-HD filter with Mobil1 0W40. After 15k miles since my last UOA not much has changed from stock. Car now has a full "offroad" exhaust setup with a E85 tune making 470 HP to the tires. Still has the common typewriter ticking after a fresh oil change that quiets down after about 1000 miles of driving. E85 full time was swapped over halfway through this UOA

E85 tends to "break" down oil faster and collect more condesnation so I like to stick around 3000 mile changes. E85 has a lot of fearmongering about corrosion and oil breakdown. I fill up at a popular station for the car-guys in the area where the E is always testing around 85% and very clear. I also run a ethanol lubricant additive called Racing top lube by Hotshot which *supposedly* helps mitigate some of the dryer properties of E85 fuel.

Regardless, this oil definitely seems to be working great with the gen 3 coyotes - I see no reason to switch to the outrageously priced Motorcraft 5W50 for such frequent oil changes

Mustang report.jpg

Back