2022 Corolla Cross HPL PP 0W8 16,723 Miles

img778.jpg

I'm definitely subscribing to this one. And congrats on your new ride. I think 16K miles for you means it is still a recent purchase. :)

Last edited:
Did you change the oil or will you continue to run it? A TBN of > 9 at 16,000 miles is outstanding.
The oil was indeed changed Sir--next up successive 20k mile OCIs.

The viscosity, even with a little oxidative thickening, is lower than a typical fuel diluted 0W16.

Numbers are influenced by length of OCI + engine break in.

This was much more spirited driving than with the previous shorter Insight intervals.

I am especially pleased at the copper figure, as bearings must be an area of heightened awareness.

I am sure you and I can agree that HPL has impressive products, across the full range of oil grades and formulas.

Now get ready for comments like:

"But.. but... Anything thinner than 15w40 was supposed to be too thin to protect an engine! The engine was supposed to blow up with 0w8. There is no way the uoa looks that good! It has to be made up."

Sadly, thousands of bitogers think like this ☝️☝️.

People just do not understand.

Anyhow, your uoa looks really good. Keep doing what you're doing!

Now get ready for comments like:

"But.. but... Anything thinner than 15w40 was supposed to be too thin to protect an engine! The engine was supposed to blow up with 0w8. There is no way the uoa looks that good! It has to be made up."

Sadly, thousands of bitogers think like this ☝️☝️.

People just do not understand.

Anyhow, your uoa looks really good. Keep doing what you're doing!
Depends on the engine, dont think a new Toyota would have problems to run a 0w-8, but my old Toyota would have issues running it. Even a 0w-20 would be a problem

I am curious about the sulfur number. Where does that come from? It’s something we don’t see on other analysis reports.

This is interesting. The 0w-8 is holding up very well. Thanks for sharing.

Back