2021 Supra 3.0 Premium

I don't know how much of a problem the rear suspension actually is, but maybe do some reading on it. There are kits that basically replace and redesign some major parts and fix the geometry.

I'd love to have one of these. The design is beautiful. Unfortunately, not a single person I know with a BMW has had a long-lasting, reliable car. If Toyota put their own engine in it (at least), I would have one right now. It'd likely be more reliable, longer lasting, easier and cheaper to service. So one day I'm going to find a way to rent one, have fun, and turn it back in to the poor owner. I look forward to the new Z. I got to service and drive regularly a 280ZX and while it certainly wasn't modern, it was awesome and if the late model Z cars weren't the ugliest things on earth... well...

Two complaints I’ve read about are the seats and the limited luggage space.
I always thought it interesting how people complain that sports cars don't have enough luggage space. Like compared to what, an SUV or 4 door sedan? My Wrangler doesn't have much storage space, but I expected that going into it haha.

I've heard great things about how the Supra drives.

I'd love to have one of these. The design is beautiful. Unfortunately, not a single person I know with a BMW has had a long-lasting, reliable car. If Toyota put their own engine in it (at least), I would have one right now. It'd likely be more reliable, longer lasting, easier and cheaper to service. So one day I'm going to find a way to rent one, have fun, and turn it back in to the poor owner. I look forward to the new Z. I got to service and drive regularly a 280ZX and while it certainly wasn't modern, it was awesome and if the late model Z cars weren't the ugliest things on earth... well...
The BMW B58 has been a very reliable engine, and has many components that have been refined over generations of BMW development, which is probably why Toyota felt comfortable sourcing the engine from them.

The BMW B58 has been a very reliable engine, and has many components that have been refined over generations of BMW development, which is probably why Toyota felt comfortable sourcing the engine from them.

Maybe I'll buy one used when prices are more reasonable. Go to a Toyota dealership and they want more than MSRP. Screw that noise.

Maybe I'll buy one used when prices are more reasonable. Go to a Toyota dealership and they want more than MSRP. Screw that noise.
My local Toyota dealer is selling 3.0 Premiums for $5,500 off MSRP.
I always thought it interesting how people complain that sports cars don't have enough luggage space. Like compared to what, an SUV or 4 door sedan? My Wrangler doesn't have much storage space, but I expected that going into it haha.

I've heard great things about how the Supra drives.
I agree; I’ve heard brain-dead morons complaining about Wranglers being noisy and having a convertible top that’s hard to raise and lower- AFTER they bought it.
The seats do concern me; I love BMW sport seats but Toyota doesn’t see fit to use them. I’d like to take a Supra on a 2-3 hour drive to see how comfortable the seats are for longer distances.

What you said is true but it goes beyond that. Toyota actually had input into the B58 before putting it in the Supra with their name on it. They had BMW make some minor tweaks for durability. Those tweaks showed up on all versions of the B58 ~2019 (not unique to the Supra). The B58 was already [arguably] the best performing, most refined I6T you could get and after Toyota's input maybe the most reliable, too.

I'll need a source on that.

Toyota advertising does not count.
That reads a bit condescending to me. The information is out there, you can start with the Papadakis Racing B58 series on YouTube. He details the tweaks made after Toyota's input. Toyota has internal [company] design rules and durability targets it needs to meet. The B58 was very close but there were a couple things changed in the bottom end (IIRC).

Back