-coolant tank leak (warranty)
-driver seat bracket (warranty)
-head liner rattle (warranty)
-front rotor warped (self)

Maintenance:
-OCI every 6k
-Air filter at 20k about due again.
-Cabin air filter every 6 months

The experience of the Jeep has been pretty good for the most part. The warranty repairs have been minor.

MPG:
She drives about 45 minutes each way to work mostly highway and averages about 24 mpg. Weve been on several road trips and hit 26 mpg a few times.

Performance:

The 3.6 with the 8 speed work fairly well together. When in first gear it revs up fairly quick. The downside is this motor makes its power very high in the rpm ranges, not very torquey, so if you are in a position where you’re at a low speed and you need to punch it and it’s caught in a higher gear where the engine can’t hit that power band it can be a bit sluggish. But it’s not meant to be a race car, just an observation.

In bad weather it did great even in the real bad snow and ice we’ve had these past two winters, though I’m not real impressed with the factory Michelins. They get rotated every oil change and are rated for 80k and are about ready for replacement at less than 40.

Fit & Finish:

Like stated above the seat and headliner were rattling and had to have brackets replaced. Leather still looks new even taking a beating from young children. The Uconnect system has been flawless. I did find it odd that I needed to replace the front brakes at such an early date being as it’s mostly highway it gets driven but things happen.

Overall:

The Wife loves it, we take it on most vacations and even doing a thousand miles one way trip to Florida I find the seats very comfortable without any back or leg pain. I’m a big guy and some of the new crossover’s are down right uncomfortable. She came from a 2016 Santa Fe before this and I believe she’s hooked on these vehicles. When this one is paid off I’m sure she’ll be wanting to look at the current GC.

950553C6-A61E-44F8-BE28-C3D09D7A90BE.jpeg

Last edited:
They are nice. priced abit out of my comfort zone at 50k. (40k for stripper)
also not a huge pentastar fan. I'm sure the 3.6 is better than the 3.2/ZF-9 combo in the cherokee though.

The zf-9 has 1+sec shift reaction times for certain shifts so talk about low torque lag out.

The 3.6L actually has a pretty broad powerband if you look at the torque / hp curve. Most modern equivalent sized VVT engines perform similarly. But in the end, you can't defy physics, a heavy vehicle will need horsepower to move really quick, and horsepower is just a math calculation of torque and RPM.

The sluggishness is probably more of a function of the PCM/trans being programmed for fuel efficiency rather than the engine lacking torque. I've driven quite a few 3.6L-equipped vehicles, and I definitely notice some "sluggishness" you describe in the 8-9 speed models, like the Durango/GC or the Pacifica. The GC/T&C twins with the 6 speed 62TE didn't exhibit that behavior as much. My only complaint with the 3.6L is it's a little coarse sounding at higher RPM.

Those are pretty minor warranty items, did the sway bar links cause some clunking or something?

I've got a few family / friends that swear by Jeeps, and I have nothing but good things to say about all the Chrysler/Dodge vehicles I've ever owned-- but the latest was a 2013, so I'm no expert by any means on the newer models.

Best of luck with your ride in the future, appreciate the review.

Last edited:
I like my 2014. Yes, pretty sluggish. Slow shifts. At 137k I’m thinking of having the front seat reupholstered on the bottom and some cushion added.

I absolutely love the WK2, I think it's a great vehicle. The ride is excellent with a ton of suspension travel, the steering/handling/braking are all great and inspire confidence and the Uconnect system is the best in the business. Currently in a 2022 rental, I hopped right in and felt right at home. I didn't realize they put this cool little WK badge on the '22 to differentiate it from the latest generation.

TowC7Xy.jpg

SQxRfnZ.png

The 3.6L actually has a pretty broad powerband if you look at the torque / hp curve. Most modern equivalent sized VVT engines perform similarly. But in the end, you can't defy physics, a heavy vehicle will need horsepower to move really quick, and horsepower is just a math calculation of torque and RPM.

The sluggishness is probably more of a function of the PCM/trans being programmed for fuel efficiency rather than the engine lacking torque. I've driven quite a few 3.6L-equipped vehicles, and I definitely notice some "sluggishness" you describe in the 8-9 speed models, like the Durango/GC or the Pacifica. The GC/T&C twins with the 6 speed 62TE didn't exhibit that behavior as much. My only complaint with the 3.6L is it's a little coarse sounding at higher RPM.

Those are pretty minor warranty items, did the sway bar links cause some clunking or something?

I've got a few family / friends that swear by Jeeps, and I have nothing but good things to say about all the Chrysler/Dodge vehicles I've ever owned-- but the latest was a 2013, so I'm no expert by any means on the newer models.

Best of luck with your ride in the future, appreciate the review.
Didn’t really notice the clunk until the uneven gravel road leading to the campsite. But the warranty process was easy and they fixed the issues without a problem.

Have a 2014 Overland. Great vehicle. 84K miles. Only routine maintenance. Have the V6. It's not a rocket, but passes well enough on 2-lane roads. Interior leather shows some wear, but not as much as many other cars I have seen with similar age/miles. Enjoy your ride.

muzzleflash40, these repairs at only just under 40k miles would be upsetting to me. that said, if you are happy with your jgc, why are you considering to sell it once paid-off? a paid-off car is money in the bank.

btw my brother loves his 2021 jgc. it replaced a mbenz g wagon.

muzzleflash40, these repairs at only just under 40k miles would be upsetting to me. that said, if you are happy with your jgc, why are you considering to sell it once paid-off? a paid-off car is money in the bank.

btw my brother loves his 2021 jgc. it replaced a mbenz g wagon.
This is my Wife’s vehicle. I agree with you in the money in the bank part, but if she wants a new one I don’t care as long as she’s happy.

As far as the repairs go these seem small to me. I’ve had vehicles I’ve purchased new that had far worse. And I’ve had some that have needed nothing. Time will tell, and it’s under warranty for 100k.

a paid-off car is money in the bank.
So is a paid off house, but that’s nearly impossible these days (for ordinary 40hr/wk folks), by design.

Auto loans are becoming the same way— 60/72/84/96 month loans. The banks don’t make interest if you’re not borrowing money!

Have a 2014 Overland. Great vehicle. 84K miles. Only routine maintenance. Have the V6. It's not a rocket, but passes well enough on 2-lane roads. Interior leather shows some wear, but not as much as many other cars I have seen with similar age/miles. Enjoy your ride.
Have a ‘14 Overland, too. 82K. It’s been trouble free and looks great underneath after 9 Michigan winters. No body rust. I like it so much I bought a ‘22 Summit.

I really wanted one of these when I was shopping earlier this year, but so does everyone else. I couldn’t find one I could afford in the mileage range I was looking for. Sure wish I could have.

Thanks for the write up.

I'm surprised that you needed to do brakes. My SRT's have all had short brake life, but that's typical for them. I have about 20,000km on my '20 right now (well, a few hundred km shy) and I'm probably 25% of the way through my front pads/rotors.
They are nice. priced abit out of my comfort zone at 50k. (40k for stripper)
also not a huge pentastar fan. I'm sure the 3.6 is better than the 3.2/ZF-9 combo in the cherokee though.

The zf-9 has 1+sec shift reaction times for certain shifts so talk about low torque lag out.
Yeah, the 6.4L wakes it up a bit more eh? lol :D But that gas mileage... Averaged 19.4 all highway back from Kincardine. Not awful, but not great.

Bought it in December 2020.

Current mileage is 38k

Repairs:
-front sway bar links (warranty)
-coolant tank leak (warranty)
-driver seat bracket (warranty)
-head liner rattle (warranty)
-front rotor warped (self)

Maintenance:
-OCI every 6k
-Air filter at 20k about due again.
-Cabin air filter every 6 months

The experience of the Jeep has been pretty good for the most part. The warranty repairs have been minor.

MPG:
She drives about 45 minutes each way to work mostly highway and averages about 24 mpg. Weve been on several road trips and hit 26 mpg a few times.

Performance:

The 3.6 with the 8 speed work fairly well together. When in first gear it revs up fairly quick. The downside is this motor makes its power very high in the rpm ranges, not very torquey, so if you are in a position where you’re at a low speed and you need to punch it and it’s caught in a higher gear where the engine can’t hit that power band it can be a bit sluggish. But it’s not meant to be a race car, just an observation.

In bad weather it did great even in the real bad snow and ice we’ve had these past two winters, though I’m not real impressed with the factory Michelins. They get rotated every oil change and are rated for 80k and are about ready for replacement at less than 40.

Fit & Finish:

Like stated above the seat and headliner were rattling and had to have brackets replaced. Leather still looks new even taking a beating from young children. The Uconnect system has been flawless. I did find it odd that I needed to replace the front brakes at such an early date being as it’s mostly highway it gets driven but things happen.

Overall:

The Wife loves it, we take it on most vacations and even doing a thousand miles one way trip to Florida I find the seats very comfortable without any back or leg pain. I’m a big guy and some of the new crossover’s are down right uncomfortable. She came from a 2016 Santa Fe before this and I believe she’s hooked on these vehicles. When this one is paid off I’m sure she’ll be wanting to look at the current GC.

View attachment 115382
love that color, and to me who doesn't need/want the extra length that the new platform provides I'd take this(WK2) any day...

Back