2021 Hyundai default OCI minder

twouvakind

Site Donor 2024
It's 3750 by default in the myhyundai app, 2.0l NA. The app is set to short tripping by default, I never set it as such.

Attachments

• ocii.jpg
    ocii.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 29
I have a 19' 2.4 Sorento and change it every 5 miles and use PP or Castrol full synth. Easy number to remember.

Which engine do you have?

Sounds like with DI or TDI anything short of driving coast to coast is considered severe driving condition and 3750 miles oci instead of 7500.

we are going back to quick lube 3K miles advice ... lol

After my usual new vehicle short OCI I'd follow the severe service interval. Then I'd change the oil, get a UOA with TBN and determine an OCI based on that, and ignore the OLM. Keep in mind a UOA on a new vehicle is probably going to show high wear metals, that's to be expected. It's how the oil fared [to determine the OCI] fuel dilution, maybe silicon, and if there's coolant in the oil is what I would focus on.

Which engine do you have?

Sounds like with DI or TDI anything short of driving coast to coast is considered severe driving condition and 3750 miles oci instead of 7500.

we are going back to quick lube 3K miles advice ... lol
2 litre GDI, I'll run 5k's full synthetic on it unless Blackstone says differently.
1609789721606.jpeg

2 litre GDI, I'll run 5k's full synthetic on it unless Blackstone says differently.

with gdi engines, 5K oci and average "full" synthetic sounds about right. At least based on my understanding of current bitog consensus ... Wait till next month and it could change. lol

I'm doing about 6K with our 2.4L GDI. When I use M1 EP, I go up to 7K or 7.5K miles with not much of short trips.

fyi, thank God Hyundai stopped sending me the reminders and emails after a while. They knew how many miles are on the car. Not sure if it was some satellite data going back or how it works. It was on my list of things to research but I forgot. You reminded me again to investigate. Isn't that some sort of invasion of privacy?

Last edited:
fyi, thank God Hyundai stopped sending me the reminders and emails after a while. They knew how many miles are on the car. Not sure if it was some satellite data going back or how it works. It was on my list of things to research but I forgot. You reminded me again to investigate. Isn't that some sort of invasion of privacy?
Have you had your vehicle in a dealer for service more than once? Are you a blue link subscriber?

Have you had your vehicle in a dealer for service more than once? Are you a blue link subscriber?

car was back to dealer only once the first 2 or 3 years for a recall. airbag bolt torque issues.

Never subscribed or paid for blue link but I think we had a free 6 months or maybe 1 year subscriptuin. Not even sure what it does. Unlocks the car in case of emergency or call for help?

I see op posted while I was posting. Maybe it was a 3 years free but we never used any of its features as far as I remember.

It'll do remote start via app with heat and AC settings, "OnStar" like SOS calling and a bunch of other stuff including door unlock.

car was back to dealer only once the first 2 or 3 years for a recall. airbag bolt torque issues.

Never subscribed or paid for blue link but I think we had a free 6 months or maybe 1 year subscriptuin. Not even sure what it does. Unlocks the car in case of emergency or call for help?

I see op posted while I was posting. Maybe it was a 3 years free but we never used any of its features as far as I remember.
If you had that, then blue link was how they knew your mileage. It is not considered invasion of privacy, as you could have opted out during purchase.

My Santa Fe was bought used, and I don't remember what it was set for when I got it, but I set it to 5,000 miles/6 months.
With the mixed driving it does, I think it is a good mileage with synthetic oil (although I am sure 7,500 would probably be fine as well for the 3.3 L v-6).

If it was a 4 cyl Turbo GDI, I would be doing a 4,000 mile interval with synthetic, and probably would not run conventional at all.

If you had that, then blue link was how they knew your mileage. It is not considered invasion of privacy, as you could have opted out during purchase.

good to know!

Who initiates the blue link connectivity or the link? if blue link has expired, does the car still send data (mileage, etc.) but it will ignored at the receiving end?
just curious and not suggesting anyone is doing this but can Hyundai turn it on from their end and spy on the car if they want to ... or do I have to enable it at my end?

Back