2021 Ford Ranger 2.3l ecoboost Amsoil Sig Series 5w30 9900miles

I changed out the factory fill at around 6k with Sig Series 5w30 and a Wix XP filter. This is my first ever oil analysis and was hoping for some insight from you all. According to the lab that did the test tbn is listed as "base number". I asked them about fuel dilution and the response was "if there was an abnormal amount of fuel we would have listed it". This was from the lady who answered the phone. She did say she would have the person who ran my sample to give me a call and explain further.

So far I'm not really concerned with fuel dillution. I checked my oil regularly and it never increased. Towards the end of the 9900 miles I used a little less then a half quart. I never replaced it because it was coming time for an oil change anyway.

What are your thoughts? Keep it going or change earlier? I do a mix of hwy and city.. Good amount of stop and go as I do Uber a 3 to 4 days a week.

Edit: fwiw I'm also running a 87oct livernoise tune. That was installed at the 1k mark..

I have oil left over.. Would it be worth sending to Blackstone?

Attachments

• Screenshots_2022-06-27-12-28-46.jpg
    Screenshots_2022-06-27-12-28-46.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 340
  • Screenshot_20220627-122807~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220627-122807~2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
I changed out the factory fill at around 6k with Sig Series 5w30 and a Wix XP filter. This is my first ever oil analysis and was hoping for some insight from you all. According to the lab that did the test tbn is listed as "base number". I asked them about fuel dilution and the response was "if there was an abnormal amount of fuel we would have listed it". This was from the lady who answered the phone. She did say she would have the person who ran my sample to give me a call and explain further.

So far I'm not really concerned with fuel dillution. I checked my oil regularly and it never increased. Towards the end of the 9900 miles I used a little less then a half quart. I never replaced it because it was coming time for an oil change anyway.

What are your thoughts? Keep it going or change earlier? I do a mix of hwy and city.. Good amount of stop and go as I do Uber a 3 to 4 days a week.
Looks good. Looks like you could stay at 10,000 with that oil and that driving pattern.

Report looks great for a motor with
I think the interval is fine, but I personally am not a fan of the Wix XP and Purolator Boss filters, they sacrifice a lot of efficiency to gain a greater lifespan, that would be my only suggested change.

The oil is with in then proper viscosity and the wear metals are excellent for a low mile engine. I would say the oil and engine tune did good. what differences do you get from the tune?

There is nothing plotted on the "graphs" on the first page. What'd I miss?
Woops... Sorry.. Didnt even notice it. I just read the top sheet. Then screen shot both pages and posted it... My mistake.

Report looks great for a motor with
I think the interval is fine, but I personally am not a fan of the Wix XP and Purolator Boss filters, they sacrifice a lot of efficiency to gain a greater lifespan, that would be my only suggested change.
OK.. Ill look into that. I have always used amsoil oil and filters. Thing is I have a good bit of oil stocked up and don't need to make a big order just yet . If I order just filters then shipping makes it a bit pricey. I just picked wix because amsoil sells them and from reading this forum, years ago, wix seemed to be a good brand.

The oil is with in then proper viscosity and the wear metals are excellent for a low mile engine. I would say the oil and engine tune did good. what differences do you get from the tune?

It changes the shift patterns,they don't play with the boost to much, adjust timing and allows you to build boost from a stand still. Deletes start/stop and allows you to totally disable traction and stablility control. The ranger has a drive and sport mode.. So they tune the trans accordingly.

The 87 tune is pretty mild power wise but the 93 tune is wild. Local guy has a 4wd Ranger with a the livernois 93 tune and he is running mid 13s@100mph. Everything else is stock.

Woops... Sorry.. Didnt even notice it. I just read the top sheet. Then screen shot both pages and posted it... My mistake.

OK.. Ill look into that. I have always used amsoil oil and filters. Thing is I have a good bit of oil stocked up and don't need to make a big order just yet . If I order just filters then shipping makes it a bit pricey. I just picked wix because amsoil sells them and from reading this forum, years ago, wix seemed to be a good brand.

It changes the shift patterns,they don't play with the boost to much, adjust timing and allows you to build boost from a stand still. Deletes start/stop and allows you to totally disable traction and stablility control. The ranger has a drive and sport mode.. So they tune the trans accordingly.

The 87 tune is pretty mild power wise but the 93 tune is wild. Local guy has a 4wd Ranger with a the livernois 93 tune and he is running mid 13s@100mph. Everything else is stock.
If you really wanna see wild, call 5 Star Tuning in SC and get one of their ethanol tunes.

I’ve got a ‘19 F150 3.5EB, and it seems they typically dyno around the 310-320 mark. I got the 87 Perf-Tow and the E30 performance tune from 5 Star. The 87 is a little peppier, supposedly adds around 40-45rwhp while adjusting shifts. The E30 tune took their essentially stock shop truck to nearly 510rwhp, and while I haven’t dyno’d my truck yet, I’ve got a vid on here with the E30 tune- 0-100 rang up in ~10.65 seconds. Crew cab, short bed, S&B intake. I embarrassed a guy in a ‘16 Charger RT who thought he’d get around me 😂. The truck is insane on that tune, with more on tap if I upgrade the in-tank or HP fuel pumps. I may try to hit the track this year if the weather is good and the always-present headwind isn’t. I’d expect probably 12.40-12.60 around 110, based on other high-performance cars I’ve owned.

Nice UOA, keep it up!

Edit: fwiw I'm also running a 87oct livernoise tune. That was installed at the 1k mark..

I have oil left over.. Would it be worth sending to Blackstone?
I started using Amsoil SS 0W30 in my 15 Tacoma. It’s a tad thicker at operating temps if your looking for a thicker oil.

22 ppm of potassium is of note here in my opinion...

Wonder where that is coming from ?
So from a few articles I've read it says Potassium would come from a coolant leak....thats interesting. I'll have to take a look at that. That's a bit worrying. The truck has been parked all day. The coolant level is right at the minimum level. I'll have to keep an eye on my coolant.

Get it tested again ,see if it's less or more. Def keep a eye on it while under warranty.
I'm coming up for an oil change here soon and plan on sending a sample off. I have oil left from the last oil change, same oil as this test, should I get it retested? It's in a container that's been in my garage if that matters.

Back