2021 Ford Escape Hybrid - Motorcraft 0/20 FS - 8355 Miles

Escape_26236.jpg

Its a Hybrid so yes it starts and stops and it can go relatively short distances electric only.

For pretty much the entirety of this OCI it went 6 days a week 8-12 hours a day without being turned off... when "idle" it will start the engine to charge the batteries if needed.

very good... I thought they made some "Hybrids" that didn't use start/stop tech so that's why I asked.

Nice looking results.

The thing that confuses me a bit is that the Motorcraft website shows only FULL Synthetic for its 0W20 viscosity, not semi or blend, on the label. A) Was the blend eliminated? B) or is it just one product with a name change to full synthetic? (I believe Delvac 1300 did something like that a few years ago - changed the name to synthetic from blend without any apparent formulation change). 🤷‍♀️

As you probably know, that 2.5L hybrid engine is bulletproof. I put just under 210,000 miles on a 2010 Fusion Hybrid and the engine showed no signs of fatigue. I used Motorcraft FULL synthetic 5W20 for the first 100K and Mobil 1 0W20 EP the rest of the way. NYC cabbies routinely put over 400,000 miles on the non hybrid versions.

Do you have any future plans on running a Valvoline, Pennzoil or Mobil 1 products in that engine for comparison?

Nice looking results.

The thing that confuses me a bit is that the Motorcraft website shows only FULL Synthetic for its 0W20 viscosity, not semi or blend, on the label. A) Was the blend eliminated? B) or is it just one product with a name change to full synthetic? (I believe Delvac 1300 did something like that a few years ago - changed the name to synthetic from blend without any apparent formulation change). 🤷‍♀️
The original Printing of the owners manual specifies:

Motorcraft® SAE 0W-20 Synthetic Blend Motor Oil(U.S.)
(Canada)
XO-0W20-Q1SP(U.S.)
WSS-M2C962-A1

While the HTML version (which updates) now specifies:

Motorcraft® SAE 0W-20 Motor Oil
XO-0W20-QFS
WSS-M2C962-A1

As I generally get this changed a Quick Lane i get what they are pumping.

I do believe that @bdcardinal recently posted that the blend was no more, which might explain why i got FS on one change recently (Edit, actually this one i see). It's also possible that what's in there is not actually what they bill out, though they have proven to be pretty good and accommodating.

As you probably know, that 2.5L hybrid engine is bulletproof. I put just under 210,000 miles on a 2010 Fusion Hybrid and the engine showed no signs of fatigue. I used Motorcraft FULL synthetic 5W20 for the first 100K and Mobil 1 0W20 EP the rest of the way. NYC cabbies routinely put over 400,000 miles on the non hybrid versions.

Well yes historically though there is presently a couple of recalls due to a crankshaft finish issue causing them to blow up... Not real worried about it though.

Do you have any future plans on running a Valvoline, Pennzoil or Mobil 1 products in that engine for comparison?

Probably not, for reasons i really don't want to get into i'll likely continue to use Quick Lanes for this car.

Last edited:
I do believe that @bdcardinal recently posted that the blend was no more, which might explain why i got FS on one change recently. Its also possible that what's in there is not actually what they bill out, though they have proven to be pretty good and accommodating.
I actually have 14 quarts of the blend still in stock. We obviously rarely sell it OTC and in the shop we have the 0W20 in bulk. I could really use the space too.

Back