2020 Subaru Outback introduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by gathermewool
Are there dealers that don't copy licenses before a test drive?

Are you planning on jacking the car?

Originally Posted by mclasser

Are you planning on jacking the car?

Re-read the thread and follow the context, my man.

Originally Posted by edyvw
This will allow Subaru drivers to ever more confidently create traffic while driving 20mph below speed limit in left lane.

Only because they are following the blue smoke belching VWs. Visibility gets pretty low.

This will allow Subaru drivers to ever more confidently create traffic while driving 20mph below speed limit in left lane.

I have a 2nd home in PA, where the Subaru is king. I've come to agree, as whenever I get behind one, I'm immediately annoyed. It does not matter who is driving the Subaru, the speed limit is something to be avoided at all costs. The local 45mph road, where most drivers go 50 or 55, the Subie drivers go 35. I've started to wonder about chronic speedometer inaccuracy on Subaru cars.

Worse than that, one day I passed a Subaru on I-84 in PA, I was going 1MPH over the limit in the left lane, 1 MPH. The guy flips me off. That, I don't understand.

Last edited:
Weird. I pass slow-pokes all the time, including 4WD trucks. Some even get annoyed and fish-tail out of their lane and try to keep up with me.

To be fair, this also happened when I drove my Civic with winter tires. One guy literally turned sideways and luckily corrected before he wrecked, trying to get around the slow-pokes. His stupid [censored] should have stayed in the slow-poke lane with his A/T or A/S tires...

Point: stupid people drive all makes and models...All-season tires are all-season tires, regardless of how many wheels are actually powered at any given time...

We sure Like our 207 Subaru Outback limited. Let me assure you, I go at the speed limit, very often exceed the speed limit and stay out of teh left lane.

I think they all do. Last time I was shopping I told them to not run any credit checks; I think most of them said that they did not engage in that practice in response. YMMV.

I would consider an Onyx XT to see if it's a suitable replacement for my FXT. I drive on the beach so the waterproof seats and full size spare appeal to me. I've driven a base CVT Subaru before, but not one with some decent power, so not sure I will like it after driving manuals for so many years. A DCT would be an easier pill to swallow but that ain't happening with Subaru.

Although I haven't driven a 15+ model, I've always felt that the Outback was too big and boaty but keep hearing great things about the SGP. Many people say that the '19 Forester drives better than the current Outback and that was never the case before the SGP. I don't even remember what my stock Forester suspension feels like since I went with an STI swaybar very early on.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac

Only because they are following the blue smoke belching VWs. Visibility gets pretty low.

Sorry, they cannot catch up by any means to one in order to see that.

Originally Posted by Cujet

I have a 2nd home in PA, where the Subaru is king. I've come to agree, as whenever I get behind one, I'm immediately annoyed. It does not matter who is driving the Subaru, the speed limit is something to be avoided at all costs. The local 45mph road, where most drivers go 50 or 55, the Subie drivers go 35. I've started to wonder about chronic speedometer inaccuracy on Subaru cars.

Worse than that, one day I passed a Subaru on I-84 in PA, I was going 1MPH over the limit in the left lane, 1 MPH. The guy flips me off. That, I don't understand.

That is not common among Subaru drivers of older models. But these new ones, once I see them in rear view mirror I just run away as I am not sure about their attention span. Subaru completely changed philosophy and with that attract different clientele. Same clientele that buys Toyota, Buick etc. and wait for jogger to cross pedestrian crossing while 200ft away.

That is not common among Subaru drivers of older models. But these new ones, once I see them in rear view mirror I just run away as I am not sure about their attention span. Subaru completely changed philosophy and with that attract different clientele. Same clientele that buys Toyota, Buick etc. and wait for jogger to cross pedestrian crossing while 200ft away.

Can you guys lay off of the Subaru driver profiling In a thread about the new Outback? As an owner of past, current, and probably future multiple VAG and Subaru products, these profiling remarks are a bit of nonsense.

Maybe it's more appropriate to create a separate thread about Subaru stereotypes?

Last edited:
It
Originally Posted by bluesubie

Can you guys lay off of the Subaru driver profiling In a thread about the new Outback? As an owner of past, current, and probably future multiple VAG and Subaru products, these profiling remarks are a bit of nonsense.

Maybe it's more appropriate to create a separate thread about Subaru stereotypes?

It sounds like this ed guy just runs over people that are in his way.

I agree, if you don't like Subaru then fine but start your own thread.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/subaru/outback/2020/2020-subaru-outback-first-look-review/

I'm surprised a thread hadn't been started on this yet.

This new Outback is a solid choice especially for Subaru owners who want to upgrade. It should be a good seller.

The big point being brought up is that Subaru is calling this a all new model. It appears to be mostly cosmetic on the outside. Inside some minor changes including the nav screen setup. The turbo engine option will give some added boost to this vehicle.

On a personal note, I wish Subaru would do away with the safari style roof rack. Granted it has its positives with the included crossbars that swing out but the look is very dated. It is a minor point though.

So what do the Subaru faithful say on this?

I really like it, except for the cvt. Everything else looks great!

Originally Posted by Ws6

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/subaru/outback/2020/2020-subaru-outback-first-look-review/

I'm surprised a thread hadn't been started on this yet.

This new Outback is a solid choice especially for Subaru owners who want to upgrade. It should be a good seller.

The big point being brought up is that Subaru is calling this a all new model. It appears to be mostly cosmetic on the outside. Inside some minor changes including the nav screen setup. The turbo engine option will give some added boost to this vehicle.

On a personal note, I wish Subaru would do away with the safari style roof rack. Granted it has its positives with the included crossbars that swing out but the look is very dated. It is a minor point though.

So what do the Subaru faithful say on this?

I really like it, except for the cvt. Everything else looks great!

To add, I was actually looking forward to Ascent when I was on the market for family hauler. Turbo is definiately better option here at high altitude. Then I saw it has CVT, and never entertained that idea.

Originally Posted by supton

I think they all do. Last time I was shopping I told them to not run any credit checks; I think most of them said that they did not engage in that practice in response. YMMV.

Can they run your credit with just the info on your license? I thought an SSN was required...

lol..from the man owning a 11' VW Tiguan . ....I assume your average Tiguan owner would know enough to moved to the right. You must get embarrassed very frequently.
Please don't test drive an OB with a FA24 engine. You probably couldn't handle it.

Originally Posted by Al

lol..from the man owning a 11' VW Tiguan . ....I assume your average Tiguan owner would know enough to moved to the right. You must get embarrassed very frequently.
Please don't test drive an OB with a FA24 engine. You probably couldn't handle it.

...and here some people say that horsepower/torque and 0-100mph aren't meaningful figures for CUV owners...

Originally Posted by Ws6
Al said:
...and here some people say that horsepower/torque and 0-100mph aren't meaningful figures for CUV owners...

Yea really..I could care less..the devil made me do it.
06.gif

Originally Posted by Al

That is of course, if CVT does not go into safe mode because it is "too much."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back