2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Edition: 10,000 mile review

I have my 2019 Ram NBS that has had its share of recalls, many for things I didn’t have a problem with but was still something they had to fix. I like my Big Horn; it’s not Ram’s fanciest trim, but it’s loaded enough to be my choice when I have a long distance drive.

I also have a 2015 Ram 1500 Hemi that’s my truck replacement when the 2019 goes back on the lease end. I originally planned to upgrade the 2019 at lease end with a new Ram, but this 2015 came up for sale so cheap that I grabbed it instead. What I like about the Ram truck is, upgrading with factory parts is easy. I can swap in a higher line option and activate it either at the dealer or, in many cases, it’s plug n play. I’ve already replaced wheels and tires (of course that’s easy on any truck) with blacked out aluminum wheels, LED taillights, Bluetooth radio upgrade, and steering wheel audio controls. I plan to swap the instrument cluster to the higher level option next.

I like mine because they work well, and I don’t have the major issues others hear “from a best friend’s brother’s co-worker who knew a guy once that overheard a girl telling her friend about seeing a Chrysler break down once”. 😂😉😉

I love the DTs Michael I’m glad yours has been reasonable to yourself. It is a great family vehicle due to the back seat size like you noted. If you can get past the physical size of the vehicle for parking its an easy choice

I would say it’s likely on par with the other 2 “American” car company trucks.

the ridgeline the best thing I liked about it and it’s silly was the trunk like area in the bed, and the way it drove it drove similar to there other stuff like pilot passport MDX. The downside was the small rear door opening that would be a pain for putting kids in seats for 3-4 years each day compared to the ram

Nope.

We are at roughly 40,000Km, I was gonna hold off until we hit 50,000 to do a review but if you'd like me to post some pics and make a thread similar to this one I can.
Seems like most feedback in this thread is also positive:

Definitely a number of rear window crack complaints though.

I'm coming up on 1 year and 7000 miles on my 2020 RAM Bighorn 5.7 4wd. I did have a bad oil pressure sensor (intermittent) in the 1st week of use, but that is it.

never was a Mopar fan but i "guess" they are better than the early rust prone years + everyone comments about a nice ride. i dont like bigger trucks as well as their cost, out of my league!! my 2011 fronty SV bought in jan of 18 with 25 thou on it has been good except 2 rear axle seals, truck came from Mass via Car Max, thought i overpaid at 18 thou BUT cheep by todays prices. i have a truck to haul + a winter driver with 4 WD, motorcycles + 2001 audi TT 225Q my fun car ride, retired so not a lot of driving so prolly no replacements will be needed unless some goof on a cell phone hits me!! satisfied with my rides for sure!!

never was a Mopar fan but i "guess" they are better than the early rust prone years + everyone comments about a nice ride. i dont like bigger trucks as well as their cost, out of my league!! my 2011 fronty SV bought in jan of 18 with 25 thou on it has been good except 2 rear axle seals, truck came from Mass via Car Max, thought i overpaid at 18 thou BUT cheep by todays prices. i have a truck to haul + a winter driver with 4 WD, motorcycles + 2001 audi TT 225Q my fun car ride, retired so not a lot of driving so prolly no replacements will be needed unless some goof on a cell phone hits me!! satisfied with my rides for sure!!
Capitalization, spelling and punctuation are too much to ask?

7000 miles on a 2020 Laramie 1500. Only a couple very minor problems. Love the truck. But with the prices how they are, I am trading it in for an ordered Limited. Probably won't arrive until August. Had a 2018 F150 with the 5.0 that was nothing but problems, would take a RAM any day over that for ride, powertrain, towing (handles much better even with a lower tow rating), and value.

Lower trim truck equals good value. They depreciate in line with their utilitarian value compared to a car.

Most of all, they offer big savings in transaction cost compared to most cars. Not the same as depreciation. The spread between selling wholesale, buying retail and associated costs and taxes.

a truck can go from first to second to third car or hand-me down and staying in the same family for decades. Each time a car isn’t purchased those costs are saved in addition to most of the depreciation expense.

Back