2020 Ford Mustang GT 5.0, factory fill, 1,800 miles

Attached is the factory fill UOA of a 2020 Mustang GT with the 5.0 Coyote engine. It is not my UOA...something I found on the Mustang 6 generation forum.
The question I have is are there any off the shelf 5W20 or 5W30 motor oils that have similar levels of Molybdenum and Boron in them? I haven't seen any UOA's with similar levels of both...and am wondering how significant this combination may be.

Thanks

Attachments

• Oil Lab.pdf
    212.2 KB · Views: 226
motorcraft synblend off the shelf is approximately 160:180 moly:boron, but I don't recall seeing another mass market oil VOA around 210:220 recently, usually you get a higher level of one or the other outside of boutique brands

I suspect these increased levels would be from assembly lube (or a break-in specific oil blend) since these are anti-wear elements in the factory fill. zinc and phosphorous look pretty routine though

motorcraft synblend off the shelf is approximately 160:180 moly:boron, but I don't recall seeing another mass market oil VOA around 210:220 recently, usually you get a higher level of one or the other outside of boutique brands

I suspect these increased levels would be from assembly lube (or a break-in specific oil blend) since these are anti-wear elements in the factory fill. zinc and phosphorous look pretty routine though

Thanks!

So, for the folks who are familiar with motorcraft, does this oil sample look as if the factory fill is most likely motorcraft oil?

PQIA tested Motorcraft synthetic blend 5W30 back in October 2020, GF-6 rated and had these results...

1617288966531.png

My 2016 got its factory fill changed at 1,000 miles and had a similar result. I can't find the PDF. It did have high moly in that analysis. When it was a street car I used Penn Ultra Plat. When it was a time trial car I used Rotella 5W40 changed every two track events.

Back