2019 Toyota Corolla CVT Fluid change interval

I have booked an appointment tomorrow at the maintenance agent in my location, he will change the CVT transmission oil in addition to the filter, he told me that it is better to change the filter with the oil because this would extend the life of the transmission in addition to that when changing the filter, a larger amount of transmission fluid will come out, allowing the replacement of More quantity of it as a results. But my question now is how can they change the transmission fluid while it is hot, and I don't think they will wait until the transmission cools down completely, does that hurt the transmission or not, frankly, the issue is really confusing
From what I've seen they're supposed to set the fluid level at a certain fluid temperature.

Nothing to laugh about, the Toyota Corolla takes only less tha 10 secs to accelerate from 0-60 miles per hour, which is not so bad, In addition to the fact that the acceleration of the car occurs steadily and not in the form of waves as in other cars, and I did not mean that it is a Ferrari, this type of transmission is what will prevail in the future,
Totally agree as your ride is still 30 seconds quicker 0-60 than every Prius I've been stuck behind for one reason or another.

Thank you all for your concern, today I went to a Toyota service center, and they changed the transmission oil for about 4 liters, and they also changed the filter, and they told me to change it again at 120,000 km, I think my procedure was a little early, but it undoubtedly gave me confidence and peace of mind The funny thing is that they did not have the original fluid ( FE ) for the transmission, but rather they had something equivalent from Korean production (CEFX), so I had to buy them the original oil from the market to add it to my car, I was so stubborn that they gave up and gave me special permission to bring the original oil from the local market LOL.

Last edited:
The general consensus is the first change should come sooner, rather than later.. That said, changing at 100k kilometers or approximately 60k miles isn't all that bad either. If you have the correct fluid available and you have the means to do so, I'd recommend changing in the near future.
Here is the transmission fluid that is currently in your CVT-FE transmission (ascertain that indeed you have an "FE" transmission, if not this fluid will not work. Here is the OEM fluid:
AIS-ATF-TFEAisin ATF-TFE Auto Trans Fluid

Here is where you can buy it online: The price I paid was $9.23/qt. By the way, my dealership told me the change interval is either every 6-years or 60k, whichever comes first. At 60k, having never done it, it may be wise to drop the pan and remove all but a left over quart or so (left in the torque converter) and replace all 7+ quart. The magnets (two of them, on the inside of the transmission wall) will need cleaned off and put back on, along with a new gasket of course. You're good to go! Hey your transmission is the second most important component of the car, why not take care of it -- your car then will easily run a good 300+ thousand miles. I hope this information helps.
StockWise Auto, LLC
www.StockWiseAuto.com
1-877-869-5400

Attachments

• 20220924_191355_Edited (1).jpg
    20220924_191355_Edited (1).jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 4
I did a D&F at 50kmiles, it was quite red and not that bad looking TBH. 2L is not a large portion of the 7.9L(?) it holds, but it's better than doing nothing. I might just do a D&F every 10k, or until I run out (I bought 8 quarts, which is annoying, as 2L is just a bit more than 2qt).

Back