2019 Escalade 10 speed

I want to drop my transmission pan and do a filter and fluid refill on my 2019 Escalade 10 speed. Do I need a new gasket or can I reuse the original one? How many quarts of fluid will i need?

Thanks.

escalade.gif

I want to drop my transmission pan and do a filter and fluid refill on my 2019 Escalade 10 speed. Do I need a new gasket or can I reuse the original one? How many quarts of fluid will i need?

Thanks.
I'm curious to know how this goes, as I have one as well (I'm still under 18K miles). I don't believe there is a hole in the case (like the Ford version, passenger's side toward bell housing) for the tiny dipstick, but it is obscured with shielding on the GM version.

Pan drop is probably 6.5 to seven quarts. Probably some cooling o-rings in the way. Plastic pan. Oem filter ONLY.

Note, the dipstick from the ford 6-speed fits in the 10r80 and offers a little more utilility in getting the level right. 19mm CLOSED ENDED wrench to break the filler nubby loose, or you’ll round it out.

Pan drop is probably 6.5 to seven quarts. Probably some cooling o-rings in the way. Plastic pan. Oem filter ONLY.

Note, the dipstick from the ford 6-speed fits in the 10r80 and offers a little more utilility in getting the level right. 19mm CLOSED ENDED wrench to break the filler nubby loose, or you’ll round it out.
Fortunately, the plastic pan is Ford only.

Back