2019 Crosstrek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Ws6
Everyone has a plan until the guy in front of them slams on the brakes at the end of the on ramp.
And again, not all of us drive in areas where a difference of 3 seconds in 0-60 time is a difference between life and death.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by Ws6
Everyone has a plan until the guy in front of them slams on the brakes at the end of the on ramp.
And again, not all of us drive in areas where a difference of 3 seconds in 0-60 time is a difference between life and death.

People that insular typically dont drive at all.

Drove one for the first time last week and the Crosstrek is slow, super duper slow. The biggest problem for me is lack of a 6th gear in the manual version.

Originally Posted by buster
Has Subaru fixed the oil consumption issue in these engines?

I don't see many people complaining about it in the current models, and it's mostly manual transmissions, not CVTs. So it still exists, but probably no worse than any other new car; particularly if you buy the CVT.

It was never an issue in the FB 2.0 and is no longer a problem in the FB 2.5

Originally Posted by Joe_H
Subaru will be offering the larger 2.5 engine in the upcoming 2021 Crosstreks.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a31118336/subaru-crosstrek-engine-2021/

Yea..saw that. I doubt it will make a difference for 90+ % of folks. Its actually fine. When you drive it if you think its too slow you are not giving it enough pedal. I drive in some situations where you need to get into traffic quickly. Put it to the floor and bounce it off the redline a couple times. For some the extra 35 HP will be welcome.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Al

It was never an issue in the FB 2.0 and is no longer a problem in the FB 2.5

Originally Posted by Joe_H
Subaru will be offering the larger 2.5 engine in the upcoming 2021 Crosstreks.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a31118336/subaru-crosstrek-engine-2021/

Yea..saw that. I doubt it will make a difference for 90+ % of folks. Its actually fine. When you drive it if you think its too slow you are not giving it enough pedal. I drive in some situations where you need to get into traffic quickly. Put it to the floor and bounce it off the redline a couple times. For some the extra 35 HP will be welcome.

Old thread but good as a status update - so you've seen no consumption from yours after x miles?

Pretty entertaining stuff here Al.
Happy to hear you did some homework and got a car that makes you happy or meets your expectations. What the heck are you thinking showing up here to speak of such a thing?
That's just the recipe for a food fight !!
grin2.gif

As per other's testimony, You are constantly losing street races, chronically late for work or appointments and pretend to be happy with a car that has a published 0 - 60 time anybody can look up yet doesn't impress your friends !
Thanks for chiming in just the same. I'm printing this 6 page summary for some people here at work.
As you might expect, Colorado is big on Subaru and Crosstrek has done very well. With employee lots demonstrating numerous samples, it seems obligatory I hand copies out as Exhibit A. These owners have a great opportunity to fight speeding violations (Speeding Crosstrek makes headlines !!)
lol.gif

or
Use as a -Get out of Jail Free card- in the case of being tardy for work.
Let's face it Al, there are two kinds of employees, those on time and those that drive a Crosstrek.

* I'm just having some fun - Thanks for playing !
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by emg

I don't see many people complaining about it in the current models, and it's mostly manual transmissions, not CVTs. So it still exists, but probably no worse than any other new car; particularly if you buy the CVT.

I had sporadic bouts of it with my 2014 Subaru Crosstrek 5MT withe the FB20. I had a thread on it way back. It scared me because the low oil level light came on when I had like 1000 miles on the ODO and it took ~2qts IIRC.

I played around with different 0 and 5w20s and settled on 5w30 ultimately. Sometimes it consumed some, sometimes not. I never left it unchecked again and never had the oil level warning come in again. Makes you wonder why Subaru included a LEVEL sensor for the engine oil, when they've never recommended a long OCI. They knew they had/have a problem.

I found my Crosstrek to be a great little car, I just hated the 5MT in it and didn't care for the seating comfort as compared to the other Subies I owned. The crosstrek felt like there was a x-bar under you butt in the driver's seat pan.

Originally Posted by JTK
Originally Posted by emg

I had sporadic bouts of it with my 2014 Subaru Crosstrek 5MT withe the FB20.

Your 2014 is not the new cars. The new Imprezas and Crosstreks use the FB20D, direct injection engine. It was a complete new engine design introduced on the 2017 Impreza and later the 2018 Crosstrek. You have the old engine. The engine has 80% different parts than the one you had, its a complete redesign. The new engines do not burn oil.

Originally Posted by JHZR2

Old thread but good as a status update - so you've seen no consumption from yours after x miles?

11,300 miles. I have 6600 miles on this oil change. The oil level has not gone done one iota. The color (I know meaningless) is light gold. I am very impressed with this engine. It still sees redline several times/week. It runs a very strong 152 HP.

My '18 Forester was and is treated the same way. And as with the XV..no oil use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back