2019 Corolla oil consumption

Hello everyone, I have a 2019 Corolla le 36k mileage ODO , and I recently noticed that it consumes some oil about 100ML or maybe less , after I drove it about 1800 km, i.e. about 1100 miles, is this considered normal? Considering that I m using Amsoil OE 5w30.

Last edited:
Hi Ashraf, yes maybe slightly more than normal but not excessive. I certainly wouldn't be worried or concerned about. Is it your car from new? How do you drive it?
Not new , purchased it with 54 k kilometers odo , I calculated it that it will consume about half quart per 10k kilometers ( 6250 miles). I drive the car mostly in stop and go city traffic, and little of high way driving.

That seems OK to me, I wouldn’t worry, just top it at after about 5000 km or half way through your regular oil change interval.

Hello everyone, I have a 2019 Corolla le 36k mileage ODO , and I recently noticed that it consumes some oil about 100ML or maybe less , after I drove it about 1800 km, i.e. about 1100 miles, is this considered normal? Considering that I m using Amsoil OE 5w30.
100ml or less in a 1000 miles? Parking on a very slight grade or given your high ambient temp could be lost in vapor, either could show that small difference. Nothing to worry about IMO.

I would contact your local Toyota dealer. Toyota admittedly had some oil consumption issues with some of their 4 cylinder engines. They even extended warranties on some of them. As I recall the issue had to do with stuck piston rings. The dealers stock a 2 part system (cannot remember the name) of oil additives to free up the rings and return compression and piston ring performance to normal.

Some may reply to my post here and say the 2019 engines were not affected. That may be true as far as the earlier warranty is concerned but the dealers are being advised to use the additives in engines of customer's cars who say they have experienced greater than normal oil consumption given the reasonable mileage on the vehicle at the time. Talk to the guy at the dealer parts counter, and he can verify what I am saying.

For 100ml in 1K miles? That is 3.3 oz and he said may be less. There are no stuck rings in that engine 100% guaranteed and the dealer will laugh him out of the building.
There's a good chance they'd laugh him out of the building using a quart of oil in a thousand miles. I saw many a Honda customer sent packing after they claimed they were using a quart of oil in a thousand miles. The service writer would tell them it's normal and send them on their way.

Try a thicker oil like a 10W-30. it may or may not make a difference but as previously mentioned the oil consumption is low.

The unknown here is how this car was treated by the previous owners.

The oil consumption sounds minimal. I wouldn’t worry yet.

He bought it with 33K miles and it now has 36K miles. He mixed miles with km.
Yes exactly , I bought it with about 54k kilometers , and now it is about 59 k kilometers , I am not mixing anything, but some guys here are not familiar with our km measurement. however, thanks all for your replies, I will consider it normal, after all I am abusing this boring car with high rev acceleration most of the time, in addition the temperature in my location is extremely high more than +40 c during the summer mixed with heavy traffics.

Mixed was probably the wrong word, used both would have been better. Anyway, the conditions are what I thought they would be, I guess the A/C is on most of the time also. Perfect conditions for a small amount of oil use, my good friend lives in Kuwait and sees similar conditions.
You could run Mobil 1 ESP 5w30 or 0w40 in that engine and possibly use nothing, it may be easier to find also.

Oh my that motor is shot smh . Must take it to the Toyota dealership

Back