2019 Chevy Trax

Hello everyone, we own a 2019 Chevy Trax, front wheel drive, and bought it new right before the covid stuff got started, few years went by and no problems until last year, 2023, 1st thing went in it was the water pump, wasn't a cheap fix, then a few months later radiator developed a leak, it had to be replaced because you can't repair them due to the radiator been aluminum, and the stuff it sets in is all plastic, so they ended up having to take the front clip off to remove it....so got this all fixed, and repaired, and then this past year 2024, the blower motor went out on this, replaced for blower motor, didn't fix it, then replaced the resistor, samething, replaced the pigtail, dealer said was bad, didn't fix it either, so 500 bucks later, it still not working........

Does anyone know what is wrong with the heater/ac system in these cars, they should be a recall on the cooling system in them.......other than the issues we had with the cooling system, other wise has all be ok.........

And today, we have 142000 plus miles on ours and it is still a daily driver has been since we bought it other than times in has been in the shop.......on the highway it gets 33 mph, but here in town getting 29 mpg....oh and by the way, still riding on the same break shoes/pads from it been new..........think we are on our 3rd set, this last time I put Uniroyal on it, they have 55000 miles on them probably run them through summer month and put new ones on for winter.......there a nice car, but a little small we are going to keep ours, but buy some thing a little bigger in a few months......just wanted to share this, and see/or ask if anyone else has had a issue with the blower motor and how did they fix there's......

Hello everyone, we own a 2019 Chevy Trax, front wheel drive, and bought it new right before the covid stuff got started, few years went by and no problems until last year, 2023, 1st thing went in it was the water pump, wasn't a cheap fix, then a few months later radiator developed a leak, it had to be replaced because you can't repair them due to the radiator been aluminum, and the stuff it sets in is all plastic, so they ended up having to take the front clip off to remove it....so got this all fixed, and repaired, and then this past year 2024, the blower motor went out on this, replaced for blower motor, didn't fix it, then replaced the resistor, samething, replaced the pigtail, dealer said was bad, didn't fix it either, so 500 bucks later, it still not working........

Does anyone know what is wrong with the heater/ac system in these cars, they should be a recall on the cooling system in them.......other than the issues we had with the cooling system, other wise has all be ok.........

And today, we have 142000 plus miles on ours and it is still a daily driver has been since we bought it other than times in has been in the shop.......on the highway it gets 33 mph, but here in town getting 29 mpg....oh and by the way, still riding on the same break shoes/pads from it been new..........think we are on our 3rd set, this last time I put Uniroyal on it, they have 55000 miles on them probably run them through summer month and put new ones on for winter.......there a nice car, but a little small we are going to keep ours, but buy some thing a little bigger in a few months......just wanted to share this, and see/or ask if anyone else has had a issue with the blower motor and how did they fix there's......
Sounds like you got at least 100k out of that water pump. Not stellar but not bad either. 142k on 19' wow. Thanks

Sounds like the dealership is to blame - why are you out $500 when the hvac issue is not fixed? I don't charge my customers until the problem is fixed. As far as leaking radiators - most all new cars since the 2000's have aluminum/pastic rads that leak. I replace plenty of radiators and its ALL makes.

You are living with no HVAC at all? Kind of hard to fathom that a dealer can't use a test light and sort out a fan motor situation.

The South Main Auto channel on the youtoobs did a video of a blower motor replacement on the Buick version of the Trax not too long ago (Buick Encore?). The factory blower actually had to be cut out of the HVAC box with a box cutter because they are molded into the box/plenum from the factory on this model. There are screw holes molded in for replacement blower units to screw to. This one may have gotten a new resister block too. I don't recall.

Here's what happened with the blower motor, we thought it maybe been something simple to have fixed so we took it to the local shop/garage who has worked on our vehicles for years....they said it was the blower motor, wasn't turning, so after they changed it it still wasn't working, then they checked the resistor, said it was bad, so they replaced it, didn't help.....so after this I took it to a dealer and they hooked it to there machine and tested it and told me the pigtail was bad, and it to messed up the resistor.......dealer told me when the resistor went bad to replace the pig tail too, otherwise it will keep blowing the resistor.....so instead of paying the dealer to fix it I bought the parts and took it back to the shop I had working on it from the start, mistake there on my part......they replaced the pigtail, new resistor, and it still didn't work, they ended up telling me they think the problem was in the control panel.....to this day, it still not working.......probably run it like this until the fall and take it to the dealer like I should have from the start and had it fixed........

Last few months, been seeing other dealers talking about problems they have out of the new vehicles, some has the same problem we have with the cooling system/heater system ......why are these dealers all having same types of problems we did/are ?....

I’m going to assume that the fuse and relay were checked before anything else. 🤔
I can’t believe that all of this work has been done, you’re out $500, and it still doesn’t work! It seems to me that they’re just firing a parts cannon and not testing anything at all.

You've been failed by the independent and the dealership. This is not rocket science and the HVAC module is easily tested. They both fired the parts cannon HARD! I would be asking for my money back or they fix it to work at no additional cost. As I said earlier - no customer leaves my shop paying for a repair that didn't fix the problem they brought it in for!

Back