2018 Silverado 3500 Ceramic Coated

3 weeks ago, I had my truck ceramic coated with System X Diamond SS. I've sprayed the truck off twice since then at car wash bay. But today I bucket washed it. It looked amazing.

Then I got bored and decided to put a top coat of Collinite 476S over it. The depth is amazing (with or without the wax). I was just hoping to keep some of the upcoming winter crud away. I don't know if the wax will provide any extra protection or not.....
PXL_20210828_230907527.jpg
PXL_20210828_231001501.jpg

PXL_20210919_203136249.jpg

Nice truck. How does it ride being a 3500 single cab 8' bed?
The same as a 2500 single cab. The only difference between 2500 and 3500 is the rear overload springs and they don't come into play until you have enough load to drop the bed 3 inches.

Great looking truck, you don't see the old standard configuration much anymore. (y)

You should've taken that sticker off your tailgate.
Yep. First thing I do when I bring something home.

What's the reason for the hate on these dealer decals? I never knew this existed. So please explain....
When I bought my truck new in 07 I made D*** sure there was no Ford dealership name ANYWHERE on my truck. They brought it up to me after it was cleaned and I told them to remove the dealer plates OR, no sale! I had NEVER seen a salesman remove the plates so fast!
I don't advertise for ANYONE!

What's the reason for the hate on these dealer decals? I never knew this existed. So please explain....

Your truck looks great and it has nothing to do with the dealer. If you like the dealer you'll tell people about them, no need to have their name on your truck.

And as said they aren't sending you a check every month to advertise for them. They pay for radio and billboards etc. I can't believe the pink Autonation plate surrounds I see on all kinds of cars. All for cancer research but really?

I like a clean look. The decal just makes it look bad to me. If they paid a monthly advertisement then I would keep it on. If someone wants to know where I got my vehicles I tell them, or should I say high recommend them since they treat me so well.

I don't like the stickers because when your paint fades, and it will, the paint under the sticker won't and it looks awful

Explain how it is *your* vehicle, and how they expect to advertise on your vehicle for free?

Do new houses come with a 3 foot by 5 foot sign attached to it, advertising the company name of the builder on it?

They are not paying you to advertise for them.
HAHA, you guys are funny sometimes. Truck probably has a half dozen other Chevy nameplates and bowtie emblems on it. Should you take those off too? You're giving away free advertising for GM. Say the real reason. You don't like how it looks to you.

It's a Chevrolet Silverado, not a Stykemain Chevrolet Silverado. You're right I don't like how it looks, if anyone is going to put a sticker on my new truck it's me not the dealer. The free adverting thing is valid as well, want your name on my truck it won't be for free. Don't tell us you don't take the time to take the dealer stickers off of the cars you sell? (and put your own on?)

Your Chevy and bowtie argument has no merit, it's a Chevrolet.

Back