2018 Nissan Rogue SV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to buy one from a rental agency for a good price.....Any opinions...I read about the CVT issues, wondering if they were resolved for 2018

So far this wesbite hasn't steered me wrong on vehicles, so i take your opinions very seriously..ty

Last edited:
I got one from Hertz for my Dad's home care giver when her old CR-V was ran into by a drunk driver.
It was a 17 or 18 with low miles.
It was perfect; all I did was service it.
After my Dad passed, we traded it in for a new CR-V EX-L as a thank you for all her service.
You can save some $$ with a Rogue; I would not be afraid of it. Just service it regularly, including the transmission.
Perhaps buy an extended warranty if you have concerns.
Good luck.

My parents have a 2011 and only had a minor rear brake issue other than regular maintenance (oil, brakes, tires, battery, air filter). It has the CVT - they should get the fluid changed. They still have it. A very short tripper, 2 to 3 miles usually. It has less than 45k miles.

09 Sentra with CVT, 170k miles, not one problem with the CVT. Changed fluid every 30k. Only problems that car ever had, was a $40 weld on the exhaust, and an intake boot that rotted. Best 20k I ever spent.

This model is Nissan's biggest seller. You will be fine-even with the CVT.

Never owned a Nissan product, but at least in St. Louis (maybe because of Enterprise HQ presence, number of stores, etc)-- Hertz and Avis are a LOT cheaper than Enterprise. My daughter, my girlfriend and I all have Hertz HyunKia's without incident.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I got one from Hertz for my Dad's home care giver when her old CR-V was ran into by a drunk driver.
After my Dad passed, we traded it in for a new CR-V EX-L as a thank you for all her service.
You can save some $$ with a Rogue; I would not be afraid of it. Just service it regularly, including the transmission.
Good luck.

You are a honorable man

If you don't need the room of the new Rogue, I like the 14-15 Rogue Select better and they are REALLY cheap used. Plus they still havs trans dipstick tube under hood and a transmission pan drain oil plug.

Awesome luxury car ride with SACHS dampers and struts and a solid unitbody
Fantastic, supportive seats and excellent ergonomics.

But Numb, heavy steering ( re-programmable by nissan tech) and undersized front rear brake pads -
They work well they just get eaten fast.

Just do pan drain with valvoline CVT every 30K.

Originally Posted by nickaluch
Good luck.

You are a honorable man

I appreciate your kind words.
Mani allowed me to have 5 years of a fairly normal life and to continue working.
She gave my Dad the best possible care and he got to live in his own house.
Because of Mani's outstanding efforts, I am a lucky man.

Good luck.

You are a honorable man

Mani allowed me to have 5 years of a fairly normal life and to continue working.

My friend you are indeed a lucky man to have Mani enter your dad's life that's usually not the norm. A well deserved gift to her and let it give you peace that your dad passed with dignity and love.

Good luck.

You are a honorable man

My friend you are indeed a lucky man to have Mani enter your dad's life that's usually not the norm. A well deserved gift to her and let it give you peace that your dad passed with dignity and love.

Here's the kicker... No one ever called my father a nice man.
My dear friend Mani is bullet proof; a strong, good woman. I owe her a lot and we are friends for life.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
If you don't need the room of the new Rogue, I like the 14-15 Rogue Select better and they are REALLY cheap used. Plus they still havs trans dipstick tube under hood and a transmission pan drain oil plug.

Awesome luxury car ride with SACHS dampers and struts and a solid unitbody
Fantastic, supportive seats and excellent ergonomics.

But Numb, heavy steering ( re-programmable by nissan tech) and undersized front rear brake pads -
They work well they just get eaten fast.

Just do pan drain with valvoline CVT every 30K.

If that's the same as the Qashqai- Rogue Sport, that would be my Nissan of choice, although it's probably less car for the money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back