2018 Camaro 2.0T 6-speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take is if they would make a 4 door sedan on that platform, front engine, rear drive, I might consider it. If I can get most of the small BMW performance for a Chevy price (I don't need a Cadillac) I could be sold on giving it a shot.

But I don't see it happening. The front engine, rear drive sedan will probably only be a Caddy.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
My take is if they would make a 4 door sedan on that platform, front engine, rear drive, I might consider it. If I can get most of the small BMW performance for a Chevy price (I don't need a Cadillac) I could be sold on giving it a shot. But I don't see it happening. The front engine, rear drive sedan will probably only be a Caddy.
Good used Pontiac G8's out there! It was based on the previous generation Zeta Camaro chassis. 4-doors, RWD. Chevy V8. Cheaper used, then fix them up a little and you've got a 4-door Gen5 Camaro. Also the Chevy SS is from the Camaro/G8 chassis. Also the recent cop-car Caprice.
It would be better in a Gen6 flavor though.

Last edited:
My take is if they would make a 4 door sedan on that platform, front engine, rear drive, I might consider it. If I can get most of the small BMW performance for a Chevy price (I don't need a Cadillac) I could be sold on giving it a shot.

But I don't see it happening. The front engine, rear drive sedan will probably only be a Caddy.

Here's what Oz just lost...

https://www.carsguide.com.au/head-to-hea...-20150129-30857

I was thinking 4 cylinder small sedan, so the G8 doesn’t appeal. Now the Falcon with an in-line 6... I might be up for that.

Originally Posted By: Rand
edit: where are you seeing a 2018 for 20k? I'm showing the LS base model for nearly 27000 msrp and sales around 24500+tax/fees
{We were talking price earlier in this thread, and, yes, some dealerships in the U.S. offer a base Camaro for $20k or a little over.}
Other well-equipped Camaros go for around $65k !!!

Is there another car that has a new price range so big? $20k - $65k is not small.
I think this is one reason why this base model is such a bargain. You can get into it and still share a lot of parts with the expensive stuff on the same chassis.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
My take is if they would make a 4 door sedan on that platform, front engine, rear drive, I might consider it. If I can get most of the small BMW performance for a Chevy price (I don't need a Cadillac) I could be sold on giving it a shot. But I don't see it happening. The front engine, rear drive sedan will probably only be a Caddy.
Good used Pontiac G8's out there! It was based on the previous generation Zeta Camaro chassis. 4-doors, RWD. Chevy V8. Cheaper used, then fix them up a little and you've got a 4-door Gen5 Camaro. Also the Chevy SS is from the Camaro/G8 chassis. Also the recent cop-car Caprice.
It would be better in a Gen6 flavor though.

All overpriced.

I did find a lightly used SS for 35k with the manual, but it sold in two days, and was hundreds of miles away.

Still too much for a daily driver that will see salt and snow. As a second car that only comes out when the pavement is dry and sees 5000 miles a year, maybe.

Lot of vehicle esp for price.

The major downside is it’s a 2 door makes have very low practicality and usefulness. My 2nd car was 2 door and loathed using trunk and not having an access to the empty rear seat.

The ATS are getting pretty cheap used though. 2-3 year old ones for high teens. I would like one with a chevy badge on it, but a base ATS and even a semi loaded malibu are probably the same really, except one is wrong wheel drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back