2017 Mazda 6 - First Detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy Everyone!

I thought I would share this. I recently purchased a 2017 Mazda 6 6M and I wanted to get the paint corrected and sealed as soon as possible. I went ahead and did some other work at that same time. Below is the process and the photos. Enjoy!

Wash - Griot's Brilliance Wash
Clay - Generic paint clay and Ultima Waterless Wash for lube
Wheels - Griot's Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner
Tires - McKee's 37 Rubber and Tire Rejuvenator
Correction - Meguiar's Ultimate Polish w/Hex Logic light cut pad on a HF DA
McKee's Coating Prep Polish w/Hex Logic polish pad on a HF DA
Ceramic Coating - McKee's Paint Coating
Door Jams - Meguiars Ultimate Spray Wax
Tire Sealant - McKee's Tire Coating (4 coats)
Glass - McKee's Glass Coating
Interior Trim - Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant

Upcoming - CQuartz Wheel & Trim Coating, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0

DSCF6499.jpg

DSCF6500.jpg

DSCF6494.jpg

DSCF6503.jpg

DSCF6496.jpg

ef8df16b-601e-4f3a-b0c5-278861f8a5c2.jpg

DSCF6497.jpg

DSCF6501.jpg

The interior sealant had not quite dried, that is why it might look blotchy.

DSCF6492.jpg

DSCF6502.jpg

Very nice and nice car! Congratulations! How do you like the manual?

Nice ride. Mine is in dire need of this kind of detailing since its a year old and just turned 30k miles. Not to mention I made a mess under the splash shield with the oil filter yesterday, and I chipped the paint by driving right into the trail of flying rocks coming off a truck and all kinds of other things.

That is about as clean as it gets, right their. Nice job!!!. How does the car ride and handle?

Sorry for the broken photos. Apparently Photobucket decided to stop working. I have reposted them below.

So answer your questions, I love the car so far. On my daily commute I have averaged 34 mpg through the hills. It had been a few years since I had a manual transmission, and I missed it terribly. I'm so glad to have a stick back, and not in a elitest way... I just like being able to decided what gear I am in at any given time. The car rides super smooth and it handles like a Mazda in the hills... that is to say, it handles great! I will be writing a review in a few thousand more miles. This is my 4th Mazda and it is by far the best. The divorce from Ford actually made their cars even better, and they were pretty good before despite being saddled with some Ford DNA.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Nice! Do I see leather? Touring right?

Yup, it is the mid-level Touring. The manual trans was a non-negotiable for me and they don't offer it in the Grand Touring. Honestly, the Touring has everything that I need with the exception of premium speakers, but that is on my to-do list.

The seats are leatherette. Honestly, with the perforation they are just as comfortable as any leather seats that I have owned... but the Napa leather in the GT sure does feel nice!

Originally Posted By: SF0059
Originally Posted By: Kuato
Nice! Do I see leather? Touring right?

Yup, it is the mid-level Touring. The manual trans was a non-negotiable for me and they don't offer it in the Grand Touring. Honestly, the Touring has everything that I need with the exception of premium speakers, but that is on my to-do list.

The seats are leatherette. Honestly, with the perforation they are just as comfortable as any leather seats that I have owned... but the Napa leather in the GT sure does feel nice!

I see a standard tranny too,NICE!
19.gif
thumbsup2.gif

I wish Mazda would offer a sunroof with the manual touring option or allow a manual in a GT version. I have written them several emails about it already actually. I would be first in line to get a new touring with manual/moonroof.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Very nice car and job! How long did it take?

So far I'm about 12 hours into it... and I think my wife might murder me for spending so much time on it! I told her I still had a few things to do and her response was, "Are *bleeping* kidding me?"
laugh.gif

Some people don't understand car therapy after winter.
19.gif

Originally Posted By: E150GT
I wish Mazda would offer a sunroof with the manual touring option or allow a manual in a GT version. I have written them several emails about it already actually. I would be first in line to get a new touring with manual/moonroof.

I agree E150GT... if they made the GT with a manual I would have easily spent the extra $3-5k. On the other hand, I'm glad they don't relegate the MT to the entry level Sport model like most other Japanese companies.

Originally Posted By: SF0059

I agree E150GT... if they made the GT with a manual I would have easily spent the extra $3-5k. On the other hand, I'm glad they don't relegate the MT to the entry level Sport model like most other Japanese companies.

yeah well Ive written them about that too. If youre going to force a radio on someone that cant replace it with an aftermarket deck, at least include a decent one like the touring. Mazda is a company that needs all the customers they can get and when people nowadays will choose another car based on cup holders, they stand to lose business for dumb reasons. It drives me mad. They hire the right people to design the car and the wrong people to make other decisions.
Sorry I get carried away. I like mazdas. I was this way about my blackberry and I eventually had to get rid of them. I dont want the same fate to happen to mazda.

Very nice. I must say I am jealous of the manual. I would love to have a manual as my daily, that will be on the check list next time I am in need of a newer car. That may not be for another 10 years though, by then who knows if they will exist in any family sedan ;(

Looks awesome!!!! So glad to see you got the Touring model with the stick! Im between the Mazda 6 and the Mazda 3 for my next car. I have a current generation Civic right now. Its a great car but it lacks personality and soul, which I seem to find in moreso in Mazdas.

Originally Posted By: mkimmey1
Looks awesome!!!! So glad to see you got the Touring model with the stick! Im between the Mazda 6 and the Mazda 3 for my next car. I have a current generation Civic right now. Its a great car but it lacks personality and soul, which I seem to find in moreso in Mazdas.

I would take a hard look at the mazda 6. I think the car is so much better looking in every way.. Especially the dashboard and gauges

Beautiful ride!!!!! I had a 626 with the 2.5l V-6 and a five speed stick many years back. Great car.

Originally Posted By: mkimmey1

I would take a hard look at the mazda 6. I think the car is so much better looking in every way.. Especially the dashboard and gauges

I agree with this assessment. I went into my Mazda purchase thinking I was going to get a Mazda 3 hatch after owning a first generation model. But I am at a different place in life right now with kids and a long commute. The 6 is just so much more car for the money. More room inside, better materials, better sound deadening and close gas mileage. I thought the hatch would be the deciding factor, because it would be more utilitarian. But even then, the space back there isn't amazing. I already have a minivan and a utility trailer, so I decided I didn't need the hatch given the other factors.

Don't get me wrong, the 3 is a great vehicle and I loved my old one to death (to this day, it is my favorite car that I've owned). I just think that for the price the 6 is the better value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back