2017 Hyundai Elantra (production pics 'leaked')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty impressive to watch those FWD Optima's go around the track. Kinetic has worked some serious magic on those for sure.

Originally Posted By: wemay
geekster, this is for you:

Kia Racing Team Takes First Place at Miller Motorsports Park (Optima)

http://thekoreancarblog.com/category/kia/
wpid-phoca_thumb_l_d1508slc15629mks.jpg

Yes, very impressive indeed....

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/kia/2015-kia-optima-pirelli-world-challenge-gts-ar166150.html

'Kia Racing clinched the 2014 Pirelli World Challenge Grand Touring Sport (GTS) Class Manufacturer Championship in only its third season of competition. Kia defeated rivals Ford, Chevrolet, Porsche, Aston Martin and Nissan to become the first Korean auto manufacturer to win the coveted championship. Kia Racing finished the stellar season with 13 podium finishes, including 5 race wins. Meanwhile, the turbocharged Optima race cars led more on-track miles than any other manufacturer in the class this season, a testimony to the speed and reliability of the Kia Optima.'

Although I think this new Elantra exhibits a lot of the incestuous styling cues from other makes...like many cars...it seems that the dashes of the new Hyundais are becoming more Kia-like...and that's a trend that I don't particularly like.

I'm still hoping the trapezoidal grille thing will die a quick death across all makes but I'm not too encouraged.

I don't see Fusion in the front end as much as I see references to the Sonata's front end, which makes sense.
grin.gif

Sharp looking car. Very nice. Interior looks just like the Sonata. Should sell very well. Hyundai has nowhere to go but up, and they are dedicated on getting better. Unlike those manufacturers over in Japan......

This will definitely be a hit worldwide. Mark my words.
The design is pretty good and at the same time not over the top. Masses will probably love it. Sleek and clean design IMO. As long as they dont overprice it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back