2017 Honda CR-V Air Conditioner not working

Found this.
Honda car year 2017 and after

Honda car ac is really s**k, use cheap quality parts to make bigger profit, CRV usually the high pressure hose from compressor is leak, not the compressor, but dealership alway ******** saying ac compressor and the hose is leak, resulted by ac dye test,do not trust them, if they use dye test, the owner should drive the car one to two weeks then bring the car back to check the leak, if dealer scan find out the leak with dye check within a day, it is a lie, they knew all the CRV had high pressure hose , but sometime compressor(which is rare), so they do not need dye check, because when the mechanic jack the car up, visually he can see the hose is contaminated with ac oil. But anyway they will charge you the test money anyway. Honda Accord the common leak area is the expansion valve is is less than $100, also Honda Civic the hose to the condenser, I find all model start from 2017 and after have bad ac quality, I am thinks to buy 2022 CRV or RAV 4, CRV interior is attractive, but consider the AC issue , I will go for RAV 4. Honda dealer made big money for the AC failure once the vehicle is past the warranty. Really big money . I own 03 CRV, the ac problems always happen after 160,000 km usually ac compressor. But the newer model become worst, if Honda Canada do not improve this, I think the people will give bad comment to their community and friend. I highly recommend people to find an honest mechanic to pay them fair, rather dump the money to toilet,money use to the service advisor, a comfortable sofa in the dealer, free coffee and million dollars to the mechanic in dealership. Just pay 65% to your honest mechanic then he can fix the car

Our 2019 was low from the factory and wasn't cooling that great. Took it in and dealer said it was low and recharged it. Cools great now.

Please ensure the battery is good. My 2016 Civic Coupe gave me fits when the battery started going bad. It started fine but had a dozens different warnings going off randomly and things acted weird. Problem was I went to Autozone and got a gold battery and it all started again, this time not starting randomly so I thought the starter was going out.
Turned out the new battery was bad too.
And here I thought my German cars were sensitive to voltage changes.
Additionally I received an extension on the A/C warranty notice a while back.

Check the charge, binary/trinary switch and the clutch before condemning compressor/TXV or the HVAC controller. Honda isn’t known for great AC - they do use Sanden compressors on many of their cars. Which is funny, on classic cars, big rigs/RVs/buses, Sanden seems to be the compressor of choice.

Back