2016 VW Golf wagon - 2,500 miles in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure the side mirror heaters turn off after 15 minutes and are linked to the rear defroster. At least in my GTI.

PDF version? On the smart phone when you need it.

For those of us in the over 50 crowd, the benefit of the electronic copy is I can set the font to account for my arms now being too short to read most things.

Originally Posted By: pottymouth
Originally Posted By: Jetronic
Do you really need the owners manual in the car?

I leave mine home, I know what I need to, and can look up what I want when home.

I keep mine in the car at all times. I think that's where it belongs.

Originally Posted By: adolan21
Pretty sure the side mirror heaters turn off after 15 minutes and are linked to the rear defroster. At least in my GTI.

Not the case in my car. If the switch is on the heaters are on. Forever.

PDF manual would be great. Any idea where I could get one? I'll ask at the dealer next time I'm in for service, but I'm betting they will want money for it.

I'm getting familiar enough with the vehicle now that I think I'll move the full manual to the house, and only keep breakdown stuff in the small glovebox.

Annoyingly, the manual lacks many things, like specs for fluids, DIY info, etc. Install new headlight bulbs? "We recommend that you take it to your authorized VW service center"

Originally Posted By: pottymouth
Originally Posted By: adolan21

Not the case in my car. If the switch is on the heaters are on. Forever.

They are still that way? I'd be peeved. My '04 was like that, and people did take out heaters from that--they'd turn on the mirror heater and forget about them.

Have to say, I did enjoy the seat heaters though. Mine were on from Oct to April or May, at a low heat most of the time, and only high when I first got in. Actually, a few times they felt really good on after a hike, that extra heat on a tired back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back