2016 Tucson HID

Status
Not open for further replies.
The headlights on my Hyundai are adjusted a bit low for me. The dealer says they are self adjusting/ leveling. Im not buying this. Does anyone know if they are aimable and if so,how? Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Bert_c
The headlights on my Hyundai are adjusted a bit low for me. The dealer says they are self adjusting/ leveling. Im not buying this. Does anyone know if they are aimable and if so,how? Thanks.

What Hyundai? What lights? HID or halogen projector?

I can't edit my last post. Poor reading comprehension.

The dealer is right that the lights on your Hyundai are self leveling, however there is an aiming procedure. Your headlights may very well be aimed improperly.

Here in Europe I haven't seen HID lights yet in the Tucson, they're all LED or halogen... And I work or a dealer, you'd think I'd see them. Other than that, they're always adjustable under the bonnet.

Looks like HID is an option for the Limited series. My son has a 2015 Sonata with HID so Hyundai has them.

Sonata (i40 here) has no LED option, only HID or halogen.

But the tucson LED headlights have 2 led bulbs behind lenses on each side, easy to spot... looks like 4 headlights

Last edited:
How are they aimed now - low and high? There WERE restrictions on the DS lamp to be level ( H) or tilted (L) as well as center aimed as not to blind oncoming traffic with a LOW tilt beam. The PS was aimed straight ahead.

This is back in the 70's
smile.gif

They are a little low,they are hid projectors. When you turn them on, they go up and down,then level off. But if I park on an angle ( up or down ) they still go to the same pre set adjustment.there is no leveling or auto adjust that I can see. Gonna have to look a little closer ,there must be an adjuster screw or knob. I had a 2010 CTS w/ hid's that did the same thing. I found the adjustment screw,and almost a half turn and they were perfect.

the auto level system only reacts to changes in ride height, not to inclinations.: load up the back, and the headlights will turn down so they shine the same angle as unloaded again.

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
the auto level system only reacts to changes in ride height, not to inclinations.: load up the back, and the headlights will turn down so they shine the same angle as unloaded again.

So,is there a way to adjust them vertically??

yes, vertically and horizontally. Look for the UD marking. It'll be close the motor that keeps the inclination steady with changing loads. If you find 2, the other one is for the high beam bulb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back