2016 Subaru STi Factory Fill 3864 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
And having useless UOA's.
thankyou2.gif

Originally Posted By: Pontual

What, and who does the rally cars for Subaru? STI means Subaru Technica International. It a division for special performance cars, under Subaru brand. It is like the AMG for Mercedes...
They take the WRX and make it a little better, for incredible as it is.
They are still doing performance cars, until last I checked, recently.

The WRX STI actually has a totally different engine than the WRX now, 2.5l turbo for the former and 2.0l DI turbo for the latter (similar to the one in my Forester).

There has been a lot of discussion about when the STI will go DIT, whether with a hopped up 2.0l or maybe something newer and bigger.

Originally Posted By: thunderfog
Time for the T6 for that 2.5L. Right?

Not yet. Redline 5w-30. Keeping it within the specified viscosity per the owners manual. After warranty, T6

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Originally Posted By: SSerian
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
STI. Hasn't been STi since '05
28.gif

I'm a Subaru guy from way back. I prefer STi.
07.gif
cheers3.gif

Haha, great response. I can always tell who is who by their response to a little STI vs STi ribbing.
11.gif

If you have time, post up your thoughts on the car so far. If you've got a link to iwsti or nasioc, I'd appreciate that, too. I'm a prior GR owner (sadly hit and should have been totaled.) I'm going to hold out until the new engine is out and tested for a couple of years before I'm tempted to hop back into the STI world.

I'm bhamwrxman on NAbISCo. I can't remember if I have signed up on iWSTi

My first impressions are it is much stiffer than previous generations. That being said, it just feels like a big car. Almost heavy. It sticks to the road like glue but doesn't feel nimble.

And it needs a tune. There are dead spots in the powerband in Sport # mode. Other than that, I love the car. I preferred the EJ engine. I had an 03 wrx heavily modified and with an STi hybrid motor that I auto crossed and rallycrossed. After that I had a 2.5i Impreza 5 door. Both were EJ series so that's just what I know.

Originally Posted By: SSerian
Originally Posted By: thunderfog
Time for the T6 for that 2.5L. Right?

Not yet. Redline 5w-30. Keeping it within the specified viscosity per the owners manual. After warranty, T6

Keep in mind that Red Line doesn't carry any API or ILSAC certifications.

Also, 5W-40 has been added back to the owner's manual recently although it's a little vague. There's no additional new language in the manual, but 5W-40 is on the chart again.

See 12-5:

http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/102883/pdf/ownerManual/102883_2016_WRX/MSA5M1605B071315_17.pdf

Does "5W-40" on the chart only refer to the "5W-40 conventional" (cute) being allowed for replenishment? My guess is you probably can't even get a direct answer from SoA on this.

There's also the very old language that's still in the manual as well.

Quote:
NOTE
Engine oil viscosity (thickness) affects fuel economy. Oils of lower viscosity provide better fuel economy. However, in hot weather, oil of higher viscosity is required to properly lubricate the engine.

Page 11-16:
http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/102883/pdf/ownerManual/102883_2016_WRX/MSA5M1605B071315_16.pdf

Originally Posted By: bluesubie
Also, 5W-40 has been added back to the owner's manual recently although it's a little vague. There's no additional new language in the manual, but 5W-40 is on the chart again.

See 12-5:

http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/102883/pdf/ownerManual/102883_2016_WRX/MSA5M1605B071315_17.pdf

Does "5W-40" on the chart only refer to the "5W-40 conventional" (cute) being allowed for replenishment? My guess is you probably can't even get a direct answer from SoA on this.

There's also the very old language that's still in the manual as well.

Quote:
NOTE
Engine oil viscosity (thickness) affects fuel economy. Oils of lower viscosity provide better fuel economy. However, in hot weather, oil of higher viscosity is required to properly lubricate the engine.

Page 11-16:
http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/102883/pdf/ownerManual/102883_2016_WRX/MSA5M1605B071315_16.pdf

Yes. 5-40 is listed but just as you have shown in the link, it must be conventional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back