2016 Sierra 5.3, Harvest King 0w20, 5k miles, 100k on truck

uoapost.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good, I think we now have several really similar oils...Super Tech, Amazon Basics, Kirkland and Harvest King...all capable of 5,000-7,000 mile drain intervals at excellent prices. Out of the three, I’d use the one I could find at the best price..which happens to fluctuate depending on sales. For me, Super Tech would be the easiest to get my hands on, but I’ll have to keep an eye out for Harvest King...think I can get it at Tractor Supply.

Based solely on this UOA, do you think that you will extend your next OCIs a bit further?
Oh IDK, maybe to an even 6K mile OCI?
Because this analysis was very good, will you be doing more UOAs?
Will you be sticking with the same brand & grade?

Looks good, I think we now have several really similar oils...Super Tech, Amazon Basics, Kirkland and Harvest King...all capable of 5,000-7,000 mile drain intervals at excellent prices. Out of the three, I’d use the one I could find at the best price..which happens to fluctuate depending on sales. For me, Super Tech would be the easiest to get my hands on, but I’ll have to keep an eye out for Harvest King...think I can get it at Tractor Supply.
Harvest King is sold at Rural King and it’s cheaper than ST oil. I use it in some friends and family vehicles

Based solely on this UOA, do you think that you will extend your next OCIs a bit further?
Char Baby.
I like the 5k interval personally. I have been changing at 5k intervals for along time know. I like 100k, 105k, 110k etc. Easy to remember. I usually buy it on sale for 11.99 for 5 qts and stock up.

I think I’ll do another UOA in 6 months. Right now I currently run 2500-3000mi per month. I have always just looked for the dexos logo. Harvest king has been easy to find the last year or so at Atwood’s.

Blackstone listed the engine as a 5.7 Ecotec3. I assume they meant 5.3 Ecotec3, but just knowing they typed 5.7 would make me wonder if they are using the universal averages of the 5.7 Vortec.

Blackstone listed the engine as a 5.7 Ecotec3. I assume they meant 5.3 Ecotec3, but just knowing they typed 5.7 would make me wonder if they are using the universal averages of the 5.7 Vortec.
I saw that too. I just assumed it was a typo. The make/model lists it as 5.3 Ecotec3.

I didn’t know that HK is now made by Warren Oil of Dunn (the maker’s of Coastal oil if I’m not mistake)....it was made by Citgo the last I knew. Their dino (semi-syn. in some grades) is currently on sale for $8.49 for the 5 qt. jug.

I have a feeling ALL of these are (mostly) WPP made now, so they should be identical-whoever has the best deal is the one to buy.

Back