2016 Kia Optima, 55000 miles, 2.4 Theta GDI

This was first oil change by me, immediately after purchase at around 54000 miles. Valvoline oil change center, used store brand (unmarked jug) 5-30 Valvoline blend according to them. I am surprised how good this came out after the negative reports here. Now this second change, I have Kirkland 5-30 Dexos, will run for 6K miles to compare.

Attachments

• 16 OPTIMA-210706.pdf
    17.3 KB · Views: 138
Excellent Report!

If you, i would black out your personal information or have the mods delete that PDF.
I have done a screenshot of the report for you below.... (w/o your info).

Thanks again for sharing.

1628548642056.jpg

in warmer climates a 10-30 fake synthetic like i put in girlfriends preowned 18 optima same 2.4L engine. only 20 thou on it + NO use between the 6 month recommended intervals, unlike her traded oil eatin 2.5 malibu!!!

in warmer climates a 10-30 fake synthetic like i put in girlfriends preowned 18 optima same 2.4L engine. only 20 thou on it + NO use between the 6 month recommended intervals, unlike her traded oil eatin 2.5 malibu!!!
Yes, when I had my 2012 Theta II GDI, I used 5w30 and 10w30 (summer) exclusively, never 5w20. Group III synthetics.

For grins - I would like to see a 5W30 report for comparison ... While I have run 5W20 synthetic a couple of times in my '17 Sonata 2.4L GDI , I feel like I have a better safety margin with 5W30 synthetic due to GDI fuel dilution which by 5K miles is getting a bit fragrant. If the engine were a PFI engine I would feel better about the 5W20 .

For grins - I would like to see a 5W30 report for comparison ... While I have run 5W20 synthetic a couple of times in my '17 Sonata 2.4L GDI , I feel like I have a better safety margin with 5W30 synthetic due to GDI fuel dilution which by 5K miles is getting a bit fragrant. If the engine were a PFI engine I would feel better about the 5W20 .
The OP indicated that the tested oil is Valvoline 5w30.

Not that it matters much, but based on the “should be” viscosity @ 100C, Blackstone seems to think the sample is a 20-weight. For a 30-weight it is below minimum viscosity, probably because of the fuel dilution inherent in pretty much all DI engines. But good looking report otherwise. Thanks for posting.

I wonder if this is an older version of Valvoline? Much more calcium and less moly than maxlife sp which I thought i was what most vioc’s use as their blend. My local Goodyear which uses Valvoline has packages labeled as standard, blend/maxlife and synthetic, good>better>best.

Back