2016 ford svt bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last publicity for the full size Bronco was OJ driving down the freeway at 35 miles per hour while being followed by cops in cars and helicopters.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
The last publicity for the full size Bronco was OJ driving down the freeway at 35 miles per hour while being followed by cops in cars and helicopters.

That's the new special edition...

It would be nice. Too bad even the April Fool's joke one is ugly though. Who knows what Ford would actually come up with.

I would like one of these...
89broncIIXL-vi.jpg

Or this...
FORDBronco-2716_1.jpg

Originally Posted By: JetStar
I really like the 1st Gen Bronco's. We'll probably never see another like it anytime soon.

Yes, but the Bronco II was pathetic

1966-1977-ford-bronco-3.jpg

Looks cool, but won't ever happen.

I do wonder if that Ranger will ever come back - now that the GM twins came back full force?

Could it come back? Wild thought: could they give it an 8,500lb GVWR, but with some artificially tow tow rating, say 5k max (just to prevent anyone from attempting it). Heavy duty axles, too-stiff springs (which could be swapped out easily), and reduced mpg/emission/safety requirements.

In other countries, Ford makes the modern equivalent of a Ranger. Unfortunately, pickup trucks are taxed an extra 25% unless a certain amount of American parts and labor are used.

Some people have been discussing what would happen if VW decided to use their Tennessee factory to build the Amarok.

Originally Posted By: supton
Could it come back? Wild thought: could they give it an 8,500lb GVWR, but with some artificially tow tow rating, say 5k max (just to prevent anyone from attempting it). Heavy duty axles, too-stiff springs (which could be swapped out easily), and reduced mpg/emission/safety requirements.

A Super Duty Bronco would be easy for Ford to make...in fact, a few have been custom built using the Excursion's rear end...

This looks like a photochop, but shows the basic idea...
http://image.fourwheeler.com/f/46953817+...-bronco-concept

Not a photochop, and dropping one to the frame isn't what I'd do, but it shows the body work...
Xdoneside.jpg

But it wouldn't be fitting with Ford's new "Eco" image, and even though they could get away with a lofty price tag on it, I don't think the motivation is there to build a politically incorrect niche vehicle.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
The Bronco II was awesome. I'd rather have one than a first gen Bronco.

I went for a ride in my friends brand new 1989 Bronco II. We went into a local field and over a small bump, that lifted the front of the truck about 10 inches off the ground. When the front end came down, both front (auto) hubs blew apart. Whats a POS!

Sounds like a totally legit story. How small was the "bump" really? How can you judge how far the truck went off the ground from inside? If you just "went over a small bump" it shouldn't have come off the ground at all.

People have wheeled B2s for decades. Granted, most swap to manual hubs (which were available from the factory), but even then, a "small bump blew apart" the auto hubs? Please.

The '91 Explorer Sport's D35 front carrier, 4.0, and M5OD manual (if equipped) were better, but all swap right into a B2, and nothing the B2 had was particularly bad except for the A4LD automatic, which the Explorer had too. And even then, well maintained A4LDs often did 200K+ miles. Most people just didn't maintain them.

The B2 would have been better with '91-'94 Explorer running gear, but they will walk all over a '95+ Explorer off road out of the box. Not to mention everything short of the Wrangler today. A new 4Runner might hang, maybe, if you can stomach thousands in body damage.

The "bump" was small IMO. I judged we went 10" off the ground from my vantage point in the front seat watching the hood of the truck move up. Maybe it was 11 inches? It was not 3 feet. We were going maybe 20 MPH maybe 30. Point is the auto hubs, and the whole truck was poorly designed

Yep, sounds totally legit. One dubious tale decides it!

Even if true the tale of woe does not mean ALL of them were junk.

Anyone here ever get a real "lemon"? Buy enough cars and eventually you are likely to experience the joy...

Yep, sounds totally legit. One dubious tale decides it!

Not dubious at all, just because you don't believe it. I have no reason to make up stories anout a vehicle that has not been made for 20 years.

Oh, and the front axle on the 4X4 that was a real gem of engineering. Split in the center with a U-joint; they really blew the budget on that design.

I can believe your friend had a problem with the auto hubs, but there has to be more to how that happened.

It's like me saying "the GM 6.0L is a pathetic poorly designed POS, the cops take them for a drive and they blow up."

It was the same type of axle design that every other Ford 4x4 truck smaller than a 1-ton got at that time. It worked fine and was cheap to lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back