2016 Ford Edge, 2.0L ecoboost, napa syn 5w-30, 4,876mi OCI

Took this sample on our 2016 edge this was the first UOA I have performed on this vehicle. Have owned it for 2 years and since 38,000 miles. Oil was bulk napa (valvoline) synthetic and a wix 1348 oil filter. OCI had 4,876 miles on it and the edge had 54,263 at time of OCI.

Refilled with RTG 5w-30 and Fram Ultra 3614 (old style w/screen)

Overall, the UOA looks very good for wear metals in an ecoboost, viscosity is low but oil help up well.

2016 Edge UOA.JPG

Took this sample on our 2016 edge this was the first UOA I have performed on this vehicle. Have owned it for 2 years and since 38,000 miles. Oil was bulk napa (valvoline) synthetic and a wix 1348 oil filter. OCI had 4,876 miles on it and the edge had 54,263 at time of OCI.

Refilled with RTG 5w-30 and Fram Ultra 3614 (old style w/screen)

Overall, the UOA looks very good for wear metals in an ecoboost, viscosity is low but oil help up well.

View attachment 80362
Looks really good. The 8.9 vis is fine. jmo

That's a long time between sample date and date received. Did you take awhile to send it in, or did it get lost in the mail?

Barely over 1ppm/1k miles for Fe and the other metals are admirablly low.
Low contamination.
Decent TBN.

What did the IOLM say was left on the OCI?
Probably could stretch it out a bit for sure, given those results.

Barely over 1ppm/1k miles for Fe and the other metals are admirablly low.
Low contamination.
Decent TBN.

What did the IOLM say was left on the OCI?
Probably could stretch it out a bit for sure, given those results.
To be honest I don’t know. From my experience fords OLM just tracks miles/time so I don’t really pay attention to it. I just reset it at the OCI. With 3 ecoboosts, the 5k oci is what I run for convenience. Might push to 6k oci on the edge next time. The fusion I’m going to cap at 5k and resample.

Back