2016 Ford C-Max SE- Picked Up Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all!
I do my own non warranty maintenance but since Ford is the 5w20 king do
you think they will actually use 0w20 in house for most oil changes or
simply slap in the 5w20 MC ss. They have gallons of?

Just a thought..

You can ask them and see how they respond. If they act all willy nilly then they might be up to something. You can also ask to see the drum of oil that it's coming from to confirm. I've done this before at a few shops like Firestone. I verified they were using Kendall syn-blend at the time. The techs seem rather amused at me noising around checking their work. At NTB I caught two younger guys whooping it up which came to a stop when they saw me standing in the service bay right under the garage door. Party over. They can go back to having fun after I leave. I've been happy with the Quick Lane here and don't even watch them anymore. I normally get the same tech each time.

Sometimes you have to do that. I don't get any free maintenance but I just wonder if they even carry 0w20? I have a bunch of Total Quartz 9000 to use but the thought just came to me.
Maybe the Hybrids get an up charge instead like diesels?

Oh the break in details say 300 miles and be careful not to load up to max weight for 1000 miles.

You never see them in this area. I grabbed this one off the truck. The dealer told me they were too sophisticated for Hicksville and he gets no interest for any Hybrid. He claimed outside of the big cities people aren't really hybrid informed.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
I always thought those were nice small-ish cars, perfectly sized for most uses and what looks to be a good upright seating position. With all the hybrids out there, it doesn't seem to get any attention at all which is a bit strange. Is there anything wrong with Ford's hybrid system to make so many perspective buyers ignore it?

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Sometimes you have to do that. I don't get any free maintenance but I just wonder if they even carry 0w20? I have a bunch of Total Quartz 9000 to use but the thought just came to me.
Maybe the Hybrids get an up charge instead like diesels?

They do from my understanding. Plus they just came out with a 0w20 synthetic blend which was the same price as the 5w20. Actually, the quarts are more on the invoice, something like $5.49 iirc. But then they discount it back down to the 5w20 price on the invoice. I took an oil sample so we'll see what the report says. They've honest with me in the past.

Nice car, see very few of them around out there...

If it has the Energy Saver A/S as indicated OE by Tire Rack, those are very efficient tires...

Here are some pictures- if it helps you folks.
The drivers seat is set back for a 6'2" driver and the top of the seat is reclined a good bit
as that's how I drive. The rest of the pictures is to give you an idea of what you're getting...

The drivers seat is set back for a 6'2" driver and the top of the seat is reclined a good bit
as that's how I drive. The rest of the pictures is to give you an idea of what you're getting...

How is the steering? Light, heavy or adjustable?

Wife with bad back and ragged out Crown Vic. I figure that the weight of the batteries would give her a good ride.

Don't know about your car, but my Ford mileage readout consistently understates mileage by a half mpg.

I'd say its average- far from heavy but gives you a good road feel especially with the 225/50/17 Michelin's.
Handles actually really well- far better than a standard compact-subcompact.
I still have under 200 miles on it and my average is 50.1 mpg for the last 146 miles.
And I don't use the Eco button and I average 5-7 mph over the speed limit and 90% plus is rural highway use.
I don't do the Prius thing. Unless they revamped this car this year its pretty amazing so far.

Originally Posted By: jimbrewer
How is the steering? Light, heavy or adjustable?

Wife with bad back and ragged out Crown Vic. I figure that the weight of the batteries would give her a good ride.

Don't know about your car, but my Ford mileage readout consistently understates mileage by a half mpg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back