2016 Acura RDX - Tires

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by nthach
I highly doubt a Acura SUV will see anywhere near 149mph.

The Premier is bank, I'd wait for Costco to have their Michelin deal. Otherwise look at the Bridgestone Dueler HP Alenza, Pirelli Scorpion Verde, maybe a Kumho Crugen.

Why wouldnt it?

Anyway, I recommend the continental CrossContact LX25. Bought em for my 2019 cx5 turbo and very happy with all aspects. I've tried destination le2, crosscontacf lx20 , rt43, on similar vehicles and prefer the lx25s.

I chose the lx25s over the Pirelli because they are symmetrical, allowing more rotation than just F to R and the data difference was very minor in all of the testing, so much so that if the exact tire size used in the test isnt what you use, it may cause an upset in ranking.

Pirelli's are not directional, they are assymmetric, which still allow for a cross rotation pattern.

I was going to say, probably a bit late, we put BFG Advantage TA sport IIs on my wife's '15 CRV, which is the same family as yours. It has a lot of torque off the line and wet wheelspin is a thing in this vehicle. The BGFs have been her favorite to date and I'm rather impressed with them. Far better than I expected them to be.

Originally Posted by UG_Passat
Originally Posted by Ws6

The Premier is bank, I'd wait for Costco to have their Michelin deal. Otherwise look at the Bridgestone Dueler HP Alenza, Pirelli Scorpion Verde, maybe a Kumho Crugen.

Why wouldnt it?

Anyway, I recommend the continental CrossContact LX25. Bought em for my 2019 cx5 turbo and very happy with all aspects. I've tried destination le2, crosscontacf lx20 , rt43, on similar vehicles and prefer the lx25s.

I chose the lx25s over the Pirelli because they are symmetrical, allowing more rotation than just F to R and the data difference was very minor in all of the testing, so much so that if the exact tire size used in the test isnt what you use, it may cause an upset in ranking.

Pirelli's are not directional, they are assymmetric, which still allow for a cross rotation pattern.

I was under t he impression that the asymmetry was placed optimally for a certain side of the vehicle. Do you have a link/data?

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6

Why wouldnt it?

I was under t he impression that the asymmetry was placed optimally for a certain side of the vehicle. Do you have a link/data?

Directional tires have a rotation marking, that is placed optimally for a certain side of the vehicle

For example, look at the TireRack Superview of the Viking Contact, See under by the "235" the marking. you see the rotation of the tire symbol
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigP...idewall=Blackwall&sidewall=Blackwall

Assymetric tires has a "Outside" marking on the tire, so it can be placed on either side of the vehicle. as long as the Outside is facing outside.

For example, on the PureContact LS, it is an assymmetric tire, right before the 225/50r17 marking, you see "OUTSIDE"
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...el=PureContact+LS&sidewall=Blackwall

For the TS830P At the "4:00" position of the tire mounted on the wheel, it is marked "OUTSIDE"
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigP...erContact+TS830+P&sidewall=Blackwall

Last edited:

Directional tires have a rotation marking, that is placed optimally for a certain side of the vehicle

For example, look at the TireRack Superview of the Viking Contact, See under by the "235" the marking. you see the rotation of the tire symbol
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigP...idewall=Blackwall&sidewall=Blackwall

Assymetric tires has a "Outside" marking on the tire, so it can be placed on either side of the vehicle. as long as the Outside is facing outside.

For example, on the PureContact LS, it is an assymmetric tire, right before the 225/50r17 marking, you see "OUTSIDE"
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...el=PureContact+LS&sidewall=Blackwall

For the TS830P At the "4:00" position of the tire mounted on the wheel, it is marked "OUTSIDE"
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigP...erContact+TS830+P&sidewall=Blackwall

Makes sense. I might give them a try once my LX25's are worn out, unless something new is out, also pending the snow/ice tests on TireTrack for the tires in question.

If you cross rotate directionals, you have to dismount and remount the tires, to ensure proper direction for the tires you cross

Update:

The tires have 39K on them (91k on the car). Two tires are at 2/32," one tire is at 3/32" and one tire was replaced several months ago due to road hazard.

Despite being worn out, the tires are still exceptionally quiet and performance is very acceptable. I still think the Premier's are an excellent tire if you can stomach the cost per mile.

Due to cost, we are installing Pirelli's Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II this time since Sam's Club's price is only $650 installed ($250 savings over the Premier's).
Update: The Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S Plus II have 13K on them. All tires measure between 7/32-8/32 and they have been rotated twice.
At this rate, these may not last as long as the Premier LTX, but their cost per mile is still a bit less.

Update: The Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S Plus II have 13K on them. All tires measure between 7/32-8/32 and they have been rotated twice.
At this rate, these may not last as long as the Premier LTX, but their cost per mile is still a bit less.
oof. I have 37K miles on my LX25's, and 6/32 on all four remaining. They are rotated every 5K miles and are on my CX5, which has 250hp/310tq and is AWD. For reference, the Toyo A36's that came with it lasted 17K miles until 4.5/32 remained all around.

oof. I have 37K miles on my LX25's, and 6/32 on all four remaining. They are rotated every 5K miles and are on my CX5, which has 250hp/310tq and is AWD. For reference, the Toyo A36's that came with it lasted 17K miles until 4.5/32 remained all around.
The Premier LTX for this size have been "upgraded" to the Premier LTX DT, which means they are now equipped with 10/32" of tread instead of the 8.5/32". For this reason, the Premier's may be the better value.

The Premier LTX for this size have been "upgraded" to the Premier LTX DT, which means they are now equipped with 10/32" of tread instead of the 8.5/32". For this reason, the Premier's may be the better value.

I knew they were going to do this eventually! It's about time they finally put the full 10/32

Eh, I'll stick with my LX25s. Very happy so far with them.

Back