2015 Odyssey - 125K T-Belt and More

When I think about it for 2800 I can put a nice long block in a Subaru including OE timing belt set . It just doesnt seem right does it? LOL
You know how to kick a guy when he's down...
Wendy just told me she still smells that burning smell. Sheesh.

Michael, from what I could see, the VC gaskets were leaking. There was substantial oil around the dip stick, for example. Underneath the engine passenger side was soaked.
I am not saying this caused the alternator failure.
The alternator was putting out under 10v at idle and could not support driving.
I got a good recommendation for the shop, "Bobby's Pit Stop" near Dominican Hospital. I know you know the area.
The parts prices were high; like $450 for the Denso Reman and over $300 for the tensioner assembly.
I did the plugs...

Ouch is right... Ha! Sometimes ya just gotta deal with it.
I'd bet it was the spool valve.
I just replaced ours on our 15 ody......
They all leak there.

Any update?
Did the spool valve 2 weeks ago... $190 on Amazon.
I had the Oddy this weekend. Oil leak 100% fixed. Dry as the proverbial bone. Thanks Michael.
I REALLY SHOULD HAVE posted the issue before and got your advice. Oh well...

128K on the clock; starting to get pedal/steering wheel vibration during freeway speed braking. Brakes have plenty of pad, but rotors look to be original. Pretty glazed. Tires are new and alignment was done, fyi.
I am looking into pad and rotor parts as we speak. Any suggestions?

Timing belts are the absolute worst, I'll never own another timing belt engine again unless it is non-interference. The only major repair I've ever had was a stupid timing belt failure...bearing on the idler pulley froze. Why buy something with a built in $1K repair early in the vehicle's life?
Compared with the ordeal I’ve seen @The Critic attack(retiming a Toyota GR series V6) as well as FordTechMakoloco’s videos of 5.4L mod motors eating up VCT phasers as well as Toyota R/Nissan KA24s needing new timing covers if the chain wasn’t addressed(and the GM 3.6L V6 chains as well as the Ford 3.5L V6 FWD/AWD water pumps) I’d rather take a timing belt that needs periodic replacement.

Back