2015 Jeep JK 3.6 Codes

Have the following codes:

P2096 Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean Bank 1

P0137 O2S Shorted to Ground

I’m guessing an O2 sensor is bad?

Appreciate any help.

109,000 miles - I ordered a replacement and will update the thread once I work on it next weekend. Was a good opportunity to buy a flex head ratchet wrench I’ve been wanting.

Reactions: 4WD
If you have a good scan tool you could look at the sensors in the process along with a/f ratio and other signs that would direct you towards the problem. Or you can buy an O2 sensor and replace it at the exit side of the Catalytic converter and do a drive cycle. I usually get the engine/exhaust warm before I attempt unscrewing the sensor. I got bit pretty hard once on an O2 sensor that snapped off in the bung.

With it being a Jeep and my luck I’d say it’s probably going to be a computer problem.

1) wheel speed sensor replaced under warranty. The rest out of warranty

2) oil cooler
3) thermostat
4) water pump
5) transmission control module
6) crankshaft position sensor (easy repair but what fun when it would shut down on the highway)
7) alternator
8) replaced left side rocker arms when I got the tick.

Only ran 5w20 Mobil 1 its whole life. All other fluids and maintenance (plugs, filters) way ahead of schedule. At least it’s easy to work on.

Updating: Code cleared on its own - I’m not changing unless it comes back - I have the part and a nice new shiny 3/8 drive ratchet to use if it does.

Back