2015 Impala vs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cujet
The chevy SS with LS3 and 6 speed manual looks really good too.
2015-cHEVROLET-ss-4.jpg

Are those wheels stock on that car? If so, they've got a target demographic in mind for sure.

Originally Posted By: aa1986
I love BMW's but I have to post this video:

It is called fine German engineering. My neighbor has a nice Mercedes I don't know what model it is but it is nice and he loves the car more than anything, even though it goes to the shop often and costs lots to fix it.

Originally Posted By: Trav
CTS with a 3.6 in it?
crazy2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

I think i am in fantasy land around here.

I had a lot of fun driving the V sport, I didn't feel like it was any worse than an E class inside, and it was a lot more fun than the boat BMW.

Its a lot cheaper to, which is nice. I can do a lot with the $20k price difference.

Last edited:
I love BMW's but I have to post this video:

Neither one of those guys are in good enough shape to swing a sledge hammer.

2015-cHEVROLET-ss-4.jpg

Are those wheels stock on that car? If so, they've got a target demographic in mind for sure.

I know what you mean and I agree. But I like chrome wheels on a car and wish I could get some for my Regal without having to hock something.

You cant compare a CTS, Buick or an Impala to this class of car.
The only sedan GM has to offer remotely competitive is the CTS-V but even that is lacking in interior refinement.

Trav,

My friend you are far out of the loop.

The ATS-V sport is just about as fine as you are going to see in the segment, is lighter than anything else in the class, and easily out performs the competition.

The new CTS-V sport is also in a class by itself. Completely re-engineered to a very high standard. Stopping, going, turning, they do it all to a very refined way now.

Both have a 3.6 twin turbo mill with 8 speed automatic, amazing drivetrain...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Trav,

My friend you are far out of the loop.

The ATS-V sport is just about as fine as you are going to see in the segment, is lighter than anything else in the class, and easily out performs the competition.

The new CTS-V sport is also in a class by itself. Completely re-engineered to a very high standard. Stopping, going, turning, they do it all to a very refined way now.

Both have a 3.6 twin turbo mill with 8 speed automatic, amazing drivetrain...

The only problem is that I can't stand the front end look of the Cadillac, just too angular, and all their cars look like that.

Steve i looked at the new V car and its a nice car but the turbo engine is unproven and based on a less than desirable engine the 3.6.
GM is trying to compete in a market where the Europeans excel, the smaller displacement forced induction (mostly turbo) segment. Believe me they are not asleep at the switch over there.

The CTS-V is a proven performer with its 6.0 V8, the new 3.6 twin turbo is IMHO without the shadow of any doubt going take a beating like a red headed stepchild at the hands of BMW, MB and Audi.
We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. LOL

http://www.caranddriver.com/cadillac/xts

Oh before i forget Merry Christmas Steve! I was working today (by choice, its not the same without my dad) and almost forgot about it.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359

The only problem is that I can't stand the front end look of the Cadillac, just too angular, and all their cars look like that.

Their design language doesn't do it for me either- I call it "Origami Snowplow."

2015-cHEVROLET-ss-4.jpg

This is my favorite car under 50k right now.

Oh before i forget Merry Christmas Steve! I was working today (by choice, its not the same without my dad) and almost forgot about it.

Merry Christmas Paul, best wishes and sincere condolences!.

Steve i looked at the new V car and its a nice car but the turbo engine is unproven and based on a less than desirable engine the 3.6.
GM is trying to compete in a market where the Europeans excel, the smaller displacement forced induction (mostly turbo) segment. Believe me they are not asleep at the switch over there.

The CTS-V is a proven performer with its 6.0 V8, the new 3.6 twin turbo is IMHO without the shadow of any doubt going take a beating like a red headed stepchild at the hands of BMW, MB and Audi.
We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. LOL

http://www.caranddriver.com/cadillac/xts

A super good belated Merry Christmas to you and my deepest condolences about your Father.

Remember he is never gone if you don't forget him! Keep your head up, man, and have a great New Year, too!

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/cadillac-cts-vsport-at-lightning-lap-2014-feature

PS, this car traps out at 110 mph and gets 21 mpg with road testers flogging it. Pulls .95g on the skidpad, it's a REAL performer...

Last edited:
I'm a little late here?!

We got a new 2014 Regal AWD Turbo...every option. I LOVE the car & so does the Wife! The $1,000 Metallic-Black paint, & the $1,000 AQ6 Chrome wheels look stud imo.
Accelerates strong, & rides nice...not too soft, not too harsh. Very solid feel.
New msrp was $39,500 I believe.

Faron

Originally Posted By: FaronJ
I'm a little late here?!

We got a new 2014 Regal AWD Turbo...every option. I LOVE the car & so does the Wife! The $1,000 Metallic-Black paint, & the $1,000 AQ6 Chrome wheels look stud imo.
Accelerates strong, & rides nice...not too soft, not too harsh. Very solid feel.
New msrp was $39,500 I believe.

Faron

Congratulations to you! The Buick Regal is a grand car.

Really offering nothing to the thread here other than I rented a 2014 Camaro LS in Denver last summer and drove about 3500 miles in a week.

Weird as it sounds it quite possibly is one of the most comfortable cars I have ever been in. I'm just under 6 foot and I could stretch out my legs like I was on a recliner.

I'm having 2nd thoughts on buying the Charger over the Camaro now

Originally Posted By: Blue_Goose

I'm having 2nd thoughts on buying the Charger over the Camaro now

Renting or borrowing dealer cars for day is the way to go.

Many folks I know have been quite surprised by a late model Camaro.

A loaded 1LE model can be had used for a song and is a GREAT track car. While weight is often mentioned as a negative the 1LE model only weighs 3800 pounds or so fully equipped. New Mustang GT weighs 3810 so I don't think the average joe would ever notice the lard. Much ado has been made here about the Camaro's weight, but it is not nearly as big a deal as folks have made it.

Leading rags compare this chassis to a GT3!!

"For $3500, the 1LE option transforms the Camaro SS into a finely tuned handling instrument, a track-ready performer on the order of the Porsche 911 GT3."

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-chevrolet-camaro-ss-1le-test-review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back