2015 Chrysler Town & Country Struts

It is time to replace the struts on my T&C. I am going to go with quick struts. I have two questions:

1. I essentially have Carquest Premium, KYB, NAPA or Monroe to pick from. Any reason to choose one over the other?
  2. What else should be replaced at the same time? My shop said they do sway bar end links at the same time. Is that a good idea? Anything else?

Thanks.

I vote KYB simply because they are a known quality part and they are valved to be stiffer than OEM (which is my preference).

Monroes are disappointingly soft even when brand new. Their chosen spring rates also seem to be on the soft side. I've replaced worn struts with new Monroes on two vehicles and they actually rode softer afterwards. Their top strut mounts are also known to be short-lived. Never again.

No idea who makes struts for Carquest or NAPA so it would be a crapshoot. Probably Monroe, possibly Gabriel. People have generally liked Gabriel shocks/struts here if they are an option for you.

I would just do the struts and go from there. The sway bar end links can be changed whenever as can the bar bushings. But if you're doing the struts with only one corner in the air at a time you'll be fighting the sway bar, so you'll need to take one end off anyway. And if one end is off, might as well replace it if it's worn. So there's logic in doing so but it's not a must-do.

It is time to replace the struts on my T&C. I am going to go with quick struts. I have two questions:

1. I essentially have Carquest Premium, KYB, NAPA or Monroe to pick from. Any reason to choose one over the other?
  2. What else should be replaced at the same time? My shop said they do sway bar end links at the same time. Is that a good idea? Anything else?

Thanks.
1) Monroe is terrible for the reason that @Bottom_Feeder mentioned and also due to just piss poor longevity IME. KYB is better, but nowhere close to OE (at least for Honda/Toyota applications). Quick Struts are really a lazy guy's option since you are swapping in an assembly with a generic spring and low-quality mounts/boots/hardware.

2) Sway Bar End Links are probably being recommended due to difficulty of removal in rusty areas.

KYB quick struts :)

If the end links are bolted to the struts, you will need to cut them off if rust is a problem where you are, so replace those, too.

Napa struts are Monroe.

Back