2015-2017 Kia Sedona Recall

Has to do with turn signal misdirection-- evidently the turn signal can flash left when you turn the switch to the right and vice versa. This website has an interesting read on the history of the recall.

What I find amusing is that Kia extended the warranty on multi-function switches for 15 years / unlimited miles (I received that letter in the mail over the summer) only to discover later that the problem actually lied in a logic box / microcontroller.

Which has me wondering if they extended the multi-function switch warranty in hopes of the NHTSA probe just going away. Or perhaps Kia/Hyundai has been embroiled in so many issues lately they had to do something. I'm pleased I get the recall and now have a warranty on my turn signal switch for the next 8-9 years in case it ever goes out.

Even for those that don't own one of these vehicle, I enjoyed reading the recall history which taught me a bit about the process.

Kia doesn't know what's wrong with Kia right now. They finally stopped having their consumer affairs people call us, and changed most ETAs that are more than a week out to "No ETA available." Just what you want to hear after paying $40-50k for a Kia crossover and your windshield is broken, or you already rearranged the Target parking lot before your first oil change. Kia needs to get it together or they will ruin their little come up with a bad reputation of unfixable cars.

Back