2014 Ram 2500 6.7 Hotshot Black Diamond Outlaw 15w40

Apparently the EPA cares ...
Yeah - it's a thing. Maybe you don't care about it, but the EPA does and they have a VERY big hammer with which they will smite the offenders.
New Jersey's not too keen on Deleted Diesels either. Received this in my mailbox yesterday.

And Utah is not a fan either:

The DOJ has also dropped the hammer on those who actually violate laws and regulations set forth by the Clean Air Act.

Last edited:
I had a deleted diesel, Ford 6.0 Powerstroke, and honestly if I kept my foot out of it you would have never known but sadly now you have fathers giving their high school sons grandads old farm truck and they take a turn it into a brodozer and run it turned all the way up smoking out miles of interstate, in short less responsible people have ruined everything

I don’t believe the marketing or product claims behind HSS branded oils. How can a pure PAO based oil have such a mediocre pour point? It looks the same as any other off the shelf G III based product. Not only that but their SDS doesn’t list PAO and we all know a pure PAO oil would be a very poor lubricant.

They also astroturf on forums by giving away free products in exchange for influence. On one astroturf thread on a truck forum I directly asked the HSS agent what is the PAO content because the PP number indicated there was little to none in their formula as did the SDS. He completely ignored my question.

Back