2014 Polaris sportsman 570 with 0w40 oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been using the Polaris oil 5w50 in it since iv owned it (thinking it's not worth the cost) I have some Schaeffer's 0w40 oil thinking of giving it a try. Any reason why I shouldn't?

M1 0w40 or T6 5w40 in my 2005 Arctic Cat 650V2 since new.
Same oils in my 09 Yamaha FXSHO (supercharged) 370 hrs.
No worries.

+1
These are both excellent choices for your Polaris. There are no wet clutch issues and these are very robust oils in similar grade as OEM Polaris oil.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Why does polaris and can am recommend these weird weights? Anything wrong with a 10w40 like the japanese makes use?

Only one reason, to try and force you into buying their way overpriced oil.

I can't imagine the Schaeffer's would be much if any cheaper than the Polaris oil, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate to use it. They have a 5W-50 that would work great too. I usually used either Rotella T6 or Amsoil's 0W-40 Powersports oil in my Polaris. I haven't been on the ATV forums in a while, but the most popular choice always seemed to be M1 0W-40. Some guys on there had some pretty high miles on their wheelers. I know there was a guy who had over 10,000 miles on his Polaris using M1 0W-40.

Edit...I missed the part about you already having the Schaeffer's on hand. In that case, I'd definitely use it since you already have it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back