2013 Vw CC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo got a new VW this will be my 5th, I had a tdi loved that car, didn't really care about the oil stuff mainly because the dealer delt with that and I read that the oil the tdi is speced with is decent for the oci's recommended. I used to own a FSI and that chewed the oil up and this has a TSI and was wondering if I should be concerned regarding OCI? I drive 100 miles a day all highway.. Almost no short trips and almost all of this at 70 mph so 2200rpm..

I romp it occasionally to clean it out hehe.
Any recomendations? I dont really want to make this more complicated.. I can change it sooner if needed.

Be sure to rotate the tires every 5k. The CC's are prone to rear tire wear (cupping). Your Carefree maintenance plan will only pay to rotate the tires every 10k.That is too long to go on this car.

Refreshing my old post here, I went along with the factory suggestions to use a 10k OCI, Ive switched to Liqui Moly Sythoil Premium 5-40 and havent had any issues, I am going to do a OUA on my next service, I have 67k now and zero issues with consumption or any outside indications that there is issues. All hwy miles.

Someone said same recommendation, Mobil1 0W40.
I had VW CC 2011 that I traded for BMW.
I always did 5K OCI and drove car like I stole it. That will prevent CBU issues.
Now, you are living in SOCAL, which is huge advantage when it comes to OCI.
CA is as usual ahead of other states (especially those "fly over states") and requires 10ppm sulfur in gas. That is having huge effect on oil since TSI will dilute oil. Now, you run HWY a lot, so that is much better for engine. I bought CC in ATL while I was living in AL> Was running Castrol 0W30. In AL oil always had sulfur smell on dipstick. I soon moved to San Diego, and that smell disappeared. Year later I moved to CO, and smell returned. Unfortunately I never ran UOA while I lived in CA to see TBN retention. So, my take is that you could run Low-SAPS oil such as Mobil1 5W30 ESP, Pentosin Superpento III, Pennzoil Platinum Euro L, or Mid-SAPS oil such as Valvoline 5W40 MST, Pentosin High-performance II 5W40 or other VW 505.01 oil.
If you run VW 504.00/507.00 such as Mobil1 5W30 ESP, you can find that in NAPA when they have sale for $5.99, or Valvoline 5W40 MST for $4.99 on sale.
Now, if you still want to go with VW 502.00 high -SAPS oils, my take is Castrol 0W40. I ran in CC and Tiguan M1, Pennzoil, Castrol 0W30/40, and Castrol is by far smoothest. Also, new M1 has really strong TB at 12.3, and Sulfated ash at 1.32. That is IMO really high and it could create CBU issues.
Bottom line:
1. If you run VW 504.00/507.00 you might mitigate CBU issues, but I would do UOA afetr 3K to see where TBN is. I tried, it did not work in CO, but CO has sulfur level in gas at max 30ppm.
2. If you run something like Valvoline 5W40 MST you can run it for 5K no issues since it meets both VW 505.01 and VW 502.00 spec.
3. If you run Castrol 0W40 just run it 5-7K.

Also, those engines like hard driving, so do not spare the car once it warms up. If it is DSG change fluid every 40K!
Edit: I see you are saying you are running at 2200rpm all the time. The higher rpm in these engines it is better for them. They are made for autobahn not the U.S. interstates with ridiculous speed limits. So nail it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back