2013 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi / 4,500 miles / RP HPS 5w20

My understanding, from researching this matter, is that some copper leaching is not a problem and in fact can be beneficial.
Copper from leaching can act as an antioxidant.
If the Royal purple the OP has been using has strong esters it is maybe perfectly fine and normal.
There are no other signs to indicate that there is a problem from what I can tell.

You can buy it from the @High Performance Lubricants web store:

There's a BITOG discount code.

I'm a big fan of HPL, their customer service is second to none, as the owner is an active participant on this forum. You won't find another oil company as open and honest about their formulations as these guys.
What is the BITOG discount code to type in? Is that still active?
thanks

My idle oil pressure is usually 47 or so at 215* on 5w20 or 0w20, and I have 150k on mine. 30 sounds a bit low, these engines have tri layered bearings which have copper so that could be a source.

Any UOAs since?

My idle oil pressure is usually 47 or so at 215* on 5w20 or 0w20, and I have 150k on mine. 30 sounds a bit low, these engines have tri layered bearings which have copper so that could be a source.

Any UOAs since?
All HEMI's seem to throw high copper when they are young, it's not bearing material.

30's on an xW-20 are also normal and is consistent with most of the HEMI's I've seen.

Any UOAs since?
My idle oil psi at 212 on mobil 1 0w40 was 40 and on HPL supercar 0w30 its 39

Back