2013 Ford Focus

Sweet car and i'd skip adding a turbo to it. All that scratch can be put towards maintenance, repairs and some detailing supplies.

I like it! Any guesses on what the power upgrades added in terms of hp? Getting rid of the rev hang is worthwhile alone anyways. I have a urethane rear mount in my wagon too which is nice for autocross and minimizing wheel hop. I almost got your car when I bought the latest Focus wagon, its quite an upgrade in body quality but maybe a bit less torque to weight ratio at lower rpms, or just feels that way since the vvt adds so much up top. When my oldest gets the wagon the 2013-18 Focus's will be on the replacement options list!
No idea - it's not going to be more than 10hp.

The VW DSG (direct shift gearbox - their name for their DCT) is bullet-proof. I have beaten the ever living $hit out mine in my Sportwagen including track time, drag racing, and hundreds of launches. Works perfect/shifts like butter.
I agree 100%. The DSG trans in our VR6 powered Passat is a fantastic transmission. Instantaneous gear changes, up or down, perfect rev matching, smooth as silk.

Scott

I test drove a 2016 focus with the 1.0 ecoboost and a 6 speed manual. I want to say that transmission came out of a fiesta ST but that could be wrong. Either way it shifted awesome, that 1.0 felt great due to the low end torque.
Yep, same B6 trans as the Fiesta ST but I hate the gearing. First and third is to short while second and fourth is too long. A longer sixth gear would have been nice too.
I like it! Any guesses on what the power upgrades added in terms of hp?
Only 10-15hp max out of the NA 2.0L with FBOs and a tune - according to the FocusFanatics forums.

I agree 100%. The DSG trans in our VR6 powered Passat is a fantastic transmission. Instantaneous gear changes, up or down, perfect rev matching, smooth as silk.

Scott
Yep - no argument, outclasses the manual all day every day in the MK7s. Glad I got it. I run software on mine which even makes it shift faster/harder.
Yep, same B6 trans as the Fiesta ST but I hate the gearing. First and third is to short while second and fourth is too long. A longer sixth gear would have been nice too.

Only 10-15hp max out of the NA 2.0L with FBOs and a tune - according to the FocusFanatics forums.
I'd say 10 is pushing it without a header (I don't have one).

Nice Focus. The beauty of that car is the simplicity and reliability. All that goes down the toilet if you turbo it. Why bother when the Focus ST is a thing? I'd leave it alone and let it live a long life or trade it out.

Had good luck with the old ""smoothing out" the airbox trick on 2.0L NA engines(well 2 of them), especially if you're injecting more fuel...

Back