2013 Chrysler 200 Convertible review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was finally able to find one of these on the used market about 2 weeks ago in my area. All I had been able to find was 90K former rentals or overpriced low mile examples. This one showed up at a local dealer and my sales guy called me while the previous owner was in the business office so I was able to get there first to check it out. Its True Blue Metallic with a light gray/black 2 tone leather interior. Its the limited model so it has the retractable hard top, navigation and everything. It was a one owner and has 55K on it. The previous owner was an elderly woman, she even provided me all the maintenance receipts. She had the oil changed every 2500 miles at a Midas near her homes in IL and FL. The Car has not seen salt, she spent winters in Destin with it and summers back in IL. Initial impressions of the car are its incredibly comfortable, she installed Cooper CS5 tires 5000 miles ago and they have a nice quiet ride. The 3.6 Pentastar motor is quite powerful despite the cars 4000lb plus weight. The transmission seems confused and likes the shift early, I pulled the battery to reset the transmission computer to adapt to my driving which is likely different than an elderly woman's driving, happy to report the transmission no longer seems confused and has adapted to my style. The Boston audio system sounds great. The car did have 2 issues, the trunk popper didn't work and the radio would not pick up AM or FM stations outside of town. after doing some exploring, I found the wiring loom on the trunklid makes an odd 90 degree bend, with the dual action trunklid it put too much stress on the antenna cable and a yellow wire. soldered in a piece of wire to extend the yellow wire and the trunk popper works, soldered in a section of coax for the antenna and I am happy to report the radio is picking up all sorts of stations. My previous 2005 Chrysler convertible was very good to me and I hope to get many years of service out of this one. Also, I am also happy to report I can fit my golf clubs and my sons clubs in the trunk with the top down as well! For $12,900 out the door, I'm quite happy with my purchase. For upgrades, I purchased the PAC CH21 to hook a backup camera up to the OE radio. Install was a breeze and works perfectly. I changed the oil with Castrol Edge over the weekend w/ a WIX filter. Only other thing I have planned is to get the windows tinted next week at 35%.

Congrat's!

Hope this one works out for you as your other one did.
smile.gif

I haven't driven too many Chrysler vehicles over the years that I didn't like driving. Most have had great driving positions, good view outward, nice dynamics, superbe interior features and comfortable for both me & my passengers.

Great!

Should be a lot of fun to drive

We have a local gang that uses box cutters to slash the convertibles every time they walk by them. Its their "M.O."

All the cars around here have been slashed and people use duct tape to repair them but then the thugs just slash the tops again.

Last edited:
One of my fears when I had my 2005 was someone slashing the convertible top. After about 11 years of sitting outside at home, work or airports, I never once had an issue. The top started cracking from age and eventually had to be replaced. The new top was 3 years old and was already showing some signs of aging.....guess I got what I paid for going with a shop that was $1000 when the others were $2200, but its not my problem anymore!

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
^ Must be a nice area. The OP has a hard top convertible.

lol.gif

Yeah, great place to raise a family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back