2012 Tiguan, First Week Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'd much rather a traditional ebrake. Would there really be an accessible place for the mechanism?

I think that is a very nice ride. The six speed & turbo make it fun to drive and I appreciate the touches like the many A/C vents in the dash and two for the rear. What I find surprising is the rated fuel economy. I really thought it would be higher than that when you consider a front wheel drive RAV4 3.5l V-6 with automatic is rated @ 19/26....and easily exceeds it which I do on a regular basis. NOT knocking at all just a bit surprised.

For all that you got I think the price paid is nothing short of spectacular.

Thanks for the kind words. I feel the same way about the rated MPG, so no offense taken. I feel like I will do better than those ratings though. This engine revs quick, so if you don't pay attention it dips into the mileage quickly. Right now I am at 275 miles with a little less than half a tank. This is with all surburban miles. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Originally Posted By: wirelessF
Parking brake button? Is that like a switch where the parking brake is electronically engaged?

Get the time to find the mechanical parking brake release mechanism. A lot of the newer high-end cars have them in hard to find locations.

Yep, and when it comes time to do the rear brake pads, you need the Ross-Tech VAG-COM or VW scan tool to retract the caliper pistons. Supposedly there's a way of doing it by manually wiring the caliper to a power source, though.

Congrats on the new car.

Since it's a turbo, I'm guessing it needs premium fuel.
Great it has full size spare but steel wheel and looks like alloy on other four? Screws up tire rotation.

Nice looking vehicle. Good thing about German vehicles is Germans are stocky people and so I'm I. I seem to fit better in them, but I never had one. Heard VW dealer are ***holes and reliability is not that good. If I need an insurance policy, I rather buy Japanese.

Last edited:
I am skinny but tall so I find headroom really good in German cars. Ive heard similar stories about the dealers but I heard good things about the dealer I went to (about an hour away). Also I bought an extended warranty (first timer for this).

On another note I filled my first tank today. Driving would be considered 80/10/10, suburban roads, hwy, city, and averaged 23.5 MPG. The golf was averaging 2 MPG better. We ll see over time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back