2012 Jeep Wrangler manual trans fluid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got a 2012 Wrangler Sport with 6-speed manual transmission; the owner's manual mentioned it takes Chrysler Manual Transmission Lubricant...

what is a 'real world' equivalent? or what would I get from somewhere like AAP or AutoZone?

is it ATF or something like Synchromesh?

Hello jeeper

If it says ATF4 then get ATF4, seen to many trans ruined by wrong fluid. ATF4 is even avaliable at wally world in generic brand bottle. Oriellys and pep boys and many more. stick to factory fill, and you wont go wrong especially since you probabaly have a good warranty left.

OOPS forgot 6 speed.then still get factory fill dont chance it, especially under warranty. You will remember it if dealer ever says "sorry not covered" and your stomach feels like it is falling at 300 ft per sec, and you get a bill for $3k or more!!! be safe.............:)

Last edited:
I'd get the exact fluid the dealer uses. There have been issues with these transmissions popping out of gear and a few other issues. The last thing you need is the dealer telling you the fluid you put in might be the cause of a problem if you ever have a problem. JMO

Originally Posted By: 97TJ
Hello jeeper

If it says ATF4 then get ATF4, seen to many trans ruined by wrong fluid. ATF4 is even avaliable at wally world in generic brand bottle. Oriellys and pep boys and many more. stick to factory fill, and you wont go wrong especially since you probabaly have a good warranty left.

OOPS forgot 6 speed.then still get factory fill dont chance it, especially under warranty. You will remember it if dealer ever says "sorry not covered" and your stomach feels like it is falling at 300 ft per sec, and you get a bill for $3k or more!!! be safe.............:)

Really?
What and where did you see those trannys fail ?
You kept tabs on this?
I don't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back