2012 hyundai veloster coolant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I noticed my overflow tank didn't have a coolant in it. So I opened the cap and I didn't see any fluid in the radiator under cap. So I was next to napa and figured id better get some antifreeze in there. The manual calls for ethylene glycol antifreeze. So the guy at the desk got me the napa long life any make or model brand. He said it was fine for my car. When I got home I forgot I had a gal of supertech long life any brand or make but I noticed the supertech besides having ethylene glycol it also has diethylene glycol. would it be okay to use both of these. The napa or supertech. It didn't use much at all to fill to the full line on the overflow.

Originally Posted By: waltywalt
Also what does imbittered antifreeze mean

Its got stuff in it to make it taste bitter so no one accidentally drinks it.

Hmm I would of never thought it meant bitter tasting but yeah I guess that makes sense. Why all the fuss about zerox Asian antifreeze when Hyundai calls for any ethylene glycol according to the manual

Also what does imbittered antifreeze mean

It is a protective coating that prevents spited ex girlfriend's cold shoulder from having any impact on you.

Why all the fuss about zerox Asian antifreeze when Hyundai calls for any ethylene glycol according to the manual

I've read plenty of manuals with much the same wording, including vehicles that call for original green, G-05, the German stuff, my Infiniti, and so forth. They call for ethylene glycol antifreeze and sometimes make mention of a specification or call for a part number or its equivalent.

Hmm I would of never thought it meant bitter tasting but yeah I guess that makes sense. Why all the fuss about zerox Asian antifreeze when Hyundai calls for any ethylene glycol according to the manual

The typical antfreeze is ethylene glycol. Old green, Zerex Asian, Dex-Cool, and G-05 are ethylene glycol.

What makes them different is their additive packages. Hyundai and Kia are factory filled with a non-silicate coolant that uses phosphates to protect aluminum. Some of those cars develop water pump problems with silicate antifreeze. This is why Zerex Asian is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back